Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 48,067 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

VS980 Qualcomm Device

Tip us?

danny_discus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default VS980 Qualcomm Device

All the device does is shows up as this in the windows device manager. It will not react to any button/button combinations. Is this basically bricked?

JJT211
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Show up as what?

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

More detail plz

danny_discus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Shows up as qdloader 9008 and just a black screen. Cannot get it to respond to hardware buttons at all.

JJT211
Old
(Last edited by JJT211; 24th April 2014 at 04:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Even disconnected from comp? Was it rooted, recovery or had a custom ROM? Did your phone work before??

I had a similar problem with my phone being not recognized on my comp, but my phone worked fine when not connected. It was a driver issue. Uninstall current driver and reinstall a fresh driver package and give it a shot. But if your phone isnt working at ALL, thats a diff story

danny_discus
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT211 View Post
Even disconnected from comp? Was it rooted, recovery or had a custom ROM? Did your phone work before??

I had a similar problem with my phone being not recognized on my comp, but my phone worked fine when not connected. It was a driver issue. Uninstall current driver and reinstall a fresh driver package and give it a shot. But if your phone isnt working at ALL, thats a diff story
Yup just a black screen regardless what I do. I was rooted, messed up and said to update the OTA and then fell into this mess. I am guessing its shot at this point but though I would ask the question.

Jimi Mack
Old
Thanks Meter 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by danny_discus View Post
Yup just a black screen regardless what I do. I was rooted, messed up and said to update the OTA and then fell into this mess. I am guessing its shot at this point but though I would ask the question.
If you do not have a custom recovery and nandroid back up your best method would be going back to fresh stock. the link is below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476