5,606,465 Members 33,542 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CyanogenMod 11.0 - VILLUMINATI - March 19, 2014

Tip us?

airs0ft3r
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Okay, so after I uninstalled FB and Ubersync the speed and battery life are much improved.

As for graphical glitches, I would mess with developer settings. I did and my issues are reduced.

Superorb
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by airs0ft3r View Post
Okay, so after I uninstalled FB and Ubersync the speed and battery life are much improved.

As for graphical glitches, I would mess with developer settings. I did and my issues are reduced.
There are ROMs without the glitches at all, no tinkering required. LiquidSmooth is one of them.

bigsupersquid
Old
Thanks Meter 163

DONATE TO ME
I find it both amusing and ironic that I had to use Team-Hydra's frameworks_opt_telephony for 3G data service on my OV cm11; and then you absorbed upstream my VM MMS patch, that I forward-ported from cm10, which they borrowed from Blarf back during cm7 or cm9...

And now I own an Evo 3d and I am using your cm11 ROM
I would not have predicted any of that congruence.
Thanks for your work.

airs0ft3r
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superorb View Post
There are ROMs without the glitches at all, no tinkering required. LiquidSmooth is one of them.
Dastin's been a very reliable programmer, so I've been staying with his ROMs because I know the end product will be better. LiquidSmooth looks really nice though, when they fix MMS for certain I'll have to flip a coin.

Superorb
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Dastin's been a very reliable programmer, so I've been staying with his ROMs because I know the end product will be better. LiquidSmooth looks really nice though, when they fix MMS for certain I'll have to flip a coin.
MMS works fine for me on LS, just install the free Textra app and use the stock settings and MMS works great.

airs0ft3r
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
MMS works fine for me on LS, just install the free Textra app and use the stock settings and MMS works great.
Any luck with Google Hangouts?

Superorb
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Any luck with Google Hangouts?
I don't use Hangouts so I couldn't say. Is it just Google Chat like I get through Gmail on my desktop?

airs0ft3r
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
I don't use Hangouts so I couldn't say. Is it just Google Chat like I get through Gmail on my desktop?
Yeah. Hangouts is equivilant to Facebook Chat, iMessage, or Whatsapp. It does SMS, desktop messages and MMS with reasonable reliability and comfort. Not a great app by any means but it's improving constantly.

SammyMak
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I just switched to LS last week because I really needed video support. Anyways so got mms working by deleting my old apnsconf file that's in /system/etc? And then making a whole new one myself by manually adding one for vm via the APN shortcut in Nova launcher. Just try the generic virgin mobile ones but keep whatever MNC shows up naturally. I was thinking/wondering if it'd work on cm11 as well.

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using XDA Premium 4 mobile app