Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 37,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 3 screen issue

Tip us?

usamasabir18
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Note 3 screen issue

Hey . I bought a new note 3 (n9005) a few days ago....M little bit consious about its display problem that is:
My note 3's screen is generally a "warm tint" .I see a white or grey background (in ebooks or webpages) in portrait mode, about 1/3 of the left screen has a more cooler tone and it is gradually warmer toward the right. There is hardly noticeable when I watch movie or surfing most websites but it's quite annoying when I read e-newspaper or ebooks which are around 70% of my usage.

Note that this is not due to viewing angles since it is SAMOLED and I tried to rotate the screen / change viewing angle and the problem is persist (on the "correct" side). I tried to use my DSLR to take a shot of my screen but it can't capture the uneven color temp just like eyes. Plz guys help me. Wether its a software or hardware fault? Plz help guyz

xdm9mm
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamasabir18 View Post
Hey . I bought a new note 3 (n9005) a few days ago....M little bit consious about its display problem that is:
My note 3's screen is generally a "warm tint" .I see a white or grey background (in ebooks or webpages) in portrait mode, about 1/3 of the left screen has a more cooler tone and it is gradually warmer toward the right. There is hardly noticeable when I watch movie or surfing most websites but it's quite annoying when I read e-newspaper or ebooks which are around 70% of my usage.

Note that this is not due to viewing angles since it is SAMOLED and I tried to rotate the screen / change viewing angle and the problem is persist (on the "correct" side). I tried to use my DSLR to take a shot of my screen but it can't capture the uneven color temp just like eyes. Plz guys help me. Wether its a software or hardware fault? Plz help guyz

Yup mine is like that but just a little so I decided to live with it because I might get an uglier one. My S4 had the same issue but I had it changed because it was bad and the replacement has been awesome. If you do a search, there should be a thread in here somewhere with some pictures.

usamasabir18
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I did search about it....I find this issue but didn't find any solution. Is this a hardware prblm? If it is I should better replace it

thahim
Old
Thanks Meter 93
I dont see this on mine. I dont think its a hardware issue. And I think n900 gets overheated not n9005

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005

xdm9mm
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahim View Post
I dont see this on mine. I dont think its a hardware issue. And I think n900 gets overheated not n9005

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005
It is a hardware issue based on my own experience.

McBain_666
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamasabir18 View Post

Yes, it's definitively an issue with the SAMOLED. There`s a huge thread in one of the forums.
I also find it annoying when reading papers and stuff, you get an halo on the top or something similar
It's partial due to a change of the color temperature with viewing angle.
But you're lucky, I also have some darker stripes visible on grey solid background and dim screen.
I decided to live with it, but it's annoying for a premium device.

SAMOLED is the only reason I still buy samsung, I simply think that SAMOLEDs even with these quality issues, are better than LCD. But the quality check that Samsung does really need to be improved.