FORUMS

Xiaomi Mi5 Specs Leaked, CyanogenMod SDK – XDA TV

CyanogenMod is going to release their own SDK! That and much more news is … more

Themes for SM-N910U Exynos Note 4

Samsung has too many phone variants for their flagships, which leaves out users incapable of getting … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 26 – May 2)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Great Camera Hardware, or Software?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on phone cameras. Come with your opinions and feel … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Suggestions about changing the system

23rd April 2014, 08:49 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hello,

I have an Xperia Arc since 2011 with the default os(4.0.4).
Lately it started to work really bad (it freezes, it sends sms to wrong numbers and many other stuffs like that) and I want to give him a factory reset. But then i thought why not install a custom os.

But...I have no idea how to do that and what to choose. I remember I tried to root him back in 2011 and got him in boot loop..never tried again..

I'm interested in an os with ability lots of customizations(colors, buttons stuff like that..maybe complete themes? is this still possible?), long battery life and that runs smooth during general stuff (sms, calls, navigation). I don't use facebook and stuff like that or crazy games.

Can someone give suggestion?
Also an complete installation guide for complete noobs? I looked at installation guides around the forum and got lost with kernel, room, flash ... I'm not a smart man.

Thank you.
 
 
23rd April 2014, 09:31 AM |#2  
slogger001's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Patna/Bihar/India
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
try this
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkta

Hello,

I have an Xperia Arc since 2011 with the default os(4.0.4).
Lately it started to work really bad (it freezes, it sends sms to wrong numbers and many other stuffs like that) and I want to give him a factory reset. But then i thought why not install a custom os.

But...I have no idea how to do that and what to choose. I remember I tried to root him back in 2011 and got him in boot loop..never tried again..

I'm interested in an os with ability lots of customizations(colors, buttons stuff like that..maybe complete themes? is this still possible?), long battery life and that runs smooth during general stuff (sms, calls, navigation). I don't use facebook and stuff like that or crazy games.

Can someone give suggestion?
Also an complete installation guide for complete noobs? I looked at installation guides around the forum and got lost with kernel, room, flash ... I'm not a smart man.

Thank you.

for rooting download unlockroot here a guide comment if u want to ask more

http://techglen.com/2013/12/04/updat...11-custom-rom/
The Following User Says Thank You to slogger001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 01:58 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 27
 
More
Unlock boot loader of your phone will give u ability to install a lot of custom roms, see instruction below:
http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.c...ng-boot-loader

When boot loader is unlocked, you can choose many roms from Development box below. In each thread, there will be steps show u how to install rom. Experience roms yourself
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-arc/development
The Following User Says Thank You to motlanvamaimai For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 11:11 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slogger001

for rooting download unlockroot here a guide comment if u want to ask more


Hello,
Thank you for that link, i tried it and got it working..after a few fails and hours of trying. (windows didn't want to install usb drivers for fastboot).

But now i have a problem. Everything seems to work, well the battery drains a little faster than before but i didn't fully configure the phone as i have a problem.
I can't add my google account, when i try to add my google account it says "There was a problem communicating with google servers". The internet works and creating new accounts works, but my old one doesn't work (and I have all my contacts saved on it).

Also, thank you motlanvamaimai for suggestions as well.
Last edited by mkta; 23rd April 2014 at 11:16 PM.
24th April 2014, 05:00 AM |#5  
slogger001's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Patna/Bihar/India
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Software error
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkta

Hello,
Thank you for that link, i tried it and got it working..after a few fails and hours of trying. (windows didn't want to install usb drivers for fastboot).

But now i have a problem. Everything seems to work, well the battery drains a little faster than before but i didn't fully configure the phone as i have a problem.
I can't add my google account, when i try to add my google account it says "There was a problem communicating with google servers". The internet works and creating new accounts works, but my old one doesn't work (and I have all my contacts saved on it).

Also, thank you motlanvamaimai for suggestions as well.

seems like a software error on what battery % u have rooted ur phone,secondary if ur device bootloader is unlocked then try to install a custom rom if it fails too flash original ftf file with flash tool and redo the process
The Following User Says Thank You to slogger001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 08:22 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slogger001

seems like a software error on what battery % u have rooted ur phone,secondary if ur device bootloader is unlocked then try to install a custom rom if it fails too flash original ftf file with flash tool and redo the process

I installed that custom ROM from the link you gave, i think it had a little problem during installation. I will try another ROM. Thank you for support.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes