Ask a question

No registration required

ZTE nubia z5s mini wifi issue, need /persist files to fix

OP ztenubia

24th April 2014, 09:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I have a fully functional zte nubia z5s mini ( except from wifi and bt) rooted, english CWM, latest MIUI. Formatting /persist partition before installing MIUI caused the issue, there is a relevant thread explaining it all at bbs.nubia.cn/thread-112804-1-1.html (understood it using google translate).

To fix it I just need some files that were in that partition (nothing special, can be viewed with any root explorer) and get them back. Re-flashing any ROM wont do the job because that's the essence of the specific partition, to contain some files that wont be replaced by flashing a rom from recovery as I discovered by similar threads at xda for other phones.

The thing is that I cant download the files from nubia forum because to get the link I must register and registration does not work for me without any apparent reason.

Could someone make a copy of its own files ? There is nothing personal in there or phone specific / unique .. Net / BT drivers, and configuration files

As I said, nothing special needed, just copy all files / folders from /persist and make a zip .. I guess a backup from CWM would work also, never tired it (never needed to restore anything till now)

The issue is very annoying because apart from WiFi problem the phone is fully functional .. I know whats the problem, the files I need and the procedure (a simple copy) but after 3-4 days of searching have not been able to find the files ..

Could somebody please help by sending me its own files from /persist ?

Thanks in advance ..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread