Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,054 Members 46,327 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Using Phone as Music player

Tip us?

johnnyblaze1977
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Using Phone as Music player

Hi.

Ive been using my S3 for a few years now and found my old S1 the other day still working.

As there is still alot of support for this phone i upgraded the ROM to KK and all looks good, but i dont really need the phone for general phone stuff so was looking to use it mainly as a Music player.

Im running OMNI on it with Apollo, DSP Manager (but still stock OMNI Kernal, which i might update if a better one is available for Sound?)

What i would like to know is what can i delete off the phone but still have it function without any FC? i.e it will never be used for text or phone calls or navigation, only music and maybe games (but still would like Play store access for app download, via WiFi.

Has anyone ever done this before?

Thanks

Soryuu
Old
Thanks Meter 415
From what I know deleting any of the telephony features causes a whole lot of problems for a rom. You could try disable every app you don't need and see how it goes?

Alternatively you could always leave it on aeroplane mode (you can still access wifi)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

johnnyblaze1977
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soryuu View Post
From what I know deleting any of the telephony features causes a whole lot of problems for a rom. You could try disable every app you don't need and see how it goes?

Alternatively you could always leave it on aeroplane mode (you can still access wifi)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Yeah i think the best option is Airplane Mode to be honest. I did delete some of the Messaging files and so far no FC, but think i will leave the rest for now.

Thanks