[ROM][WIP][Z][Yuga][Fixed] Ubuntu-Touch *Updated*

Search This thread

iKillCypher

Jul 28, 2012

well to everyone I have promise I was working on radio and figuring out what is wrong as much as anyone else I want to get radio/ril working on yuga(xperia z)

so let the story begins

when I started to port ubuntu-touch I was facing some issue I got help from the ubuntu-development team and few people before getting the basic port working and before I left for my exam break.. as you guys noticed wifi which could not accept wpa key and there was a black screen issue in my eariler port

I actually file a bug report about it.. I know for a fact that the ubuntu-development team is working around the clock get everything ready as quick as they can :p

below is referring to the WiFi Bug

<sergiusens> ikillcypher, it was fixed two days after you made the comment, was a know issue and was on its way to land

I was kinda suprised that the someone have made another thread here stating that something works the only reason why they works it is cause of the ubuntu-development team.. who have been fixing daily... which I could have done if not for my exams..

also I have file another bug report to the developers with all the log attach on why radio is failing so maybe hoping it would be fix also anyone who uses this need to understand this isnt android

also the file name yuga is always static and will never change the only file that is needed is the ubuntu-arm which is the heartbeat of ubuntu os

so please dont let someone misguide you if something works..

I never left you guys and I dont see the point of another thread where the same work is being done... :confused:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/touch-preview-images/+bug/1226614

Code:
Sep 17 13:29:51 ubuntu-phablet NetworkManager[1174]: <warn> could not mark modem as powered: org.ofono.Error.Failed Operation failed
Sep 17 13:29:51 ubuntu-phablet NetworkManager[1174]: <info> (/ril_0): new Ofono device (driver: 'ofono' ifindex: 0)
Sep 17 13:29:51 ubuntu-phablet NetworkManager[1174]: <warn> could not mark modem as powered: org.ofono.Error.Failed Operation failed
Sep 17 13:29:56 ubuntu-phablet ofonod[1531]: [UNSOL]< UNSOL_RIL_CONNECTED
Sep 17 13:29:56 ubuntu-phablet ofonod[1531]: Network time: Registered inteface org.ofono.NetworkTime, path /ril_0

I hope some of you guys can understand on why radio is not working and please dont listen to anyone... I hope everyone understand.. that it is going take time for it to be fixed...

I have also attach a new rules file which converted from cm10.1 for yuga..

xZain69

Last edited:

pjgowtham

Apr 25, 2011
May be krabappel is not willing to work with you . You have successfully opened a thread here. If you get things to work perfectly , then you're gono be the star of "ubuntu for xz".
U know more that what common people know. Common bro, its your passion isnt it. Then come on. What's impossible? U can gather people here if this rom becomes bugfree

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk 4

iKillCypher

Jul 28, 2012
I think you dont understand me I have just stated on why Radio isnt working and no I have nothing againest anyone here.. sorry.

MiniDemonic

Oct 18, 2010
Ubuntu Touch has officially launched, are you going to continue work on it to try make it work for the XZ ?

sbcontt

Dec 3, 2011
Any update on radio? The people at Canonical are really stupid. First they promised Ubuntu on every dual core android, then introduced an absolutely outrageously costly device via Kickstarter and failed to gain enough attention as expected. At the end of the day we got a few ROMs for Nexus devices only and absolute disinterest from XDA developers.

iKillCypher

Jul 28, 2012
:cyclops:

anyone for those asking for this rom pretty much there has not been an update on Ubuntu on the Radio Fix as they are interested in getting it fully working for nexus device other then some fancy update and some core application the states of it is still the same...

I must say the interface is very beautiful..

Reactions: Diatomix98

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

REMEMBER : THIS ARE ONLY IN DEVELOPMENT PREVIEW RELEASE SO IT IS NOT AS EVERYDAY USE
    AND I DONT RECOMMAND IT TO BE AS DAILY USE IT IS HIGHLY UNSTABLE AND MOST OF THE FEATURES DONT WORK AS INTENDED

No Idea What Is Ubuntu-Touch - > http://www.ubuntu.com/phone

Code:
    Screenshots

wgu79w.png

2rpv8n6.png

Code:
    GitHub Branch : phalet-saucy
    https://github.com/ikillcypher/android_device_sony_yuga
    https://github.com/ikillcypher/android_kernel_sony_apq8064

Code:
    What You Need

1) Xerpia Z C6603 LTE Version No Idea About C6602 Or Others
    2) Bootloader Unlocked With Root Access
    3) CWM Installed Or Flash Via Yuga Zip - > boot.img -> fastboot bootimg etc
    4) Downloaded : saucy-preinstalled-touch-armhf.zip from http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-touch/daily-preinstalled/current/

5) Bank Account :) Just Kidding..

Code:
     How To Install Newbie Friendly

1) Bootloader is Unlocked ?! Check ?
    2) Have CWM Or Flash It From Yuga.Zip -> fastboot boot.img Check ?
    3) Copy The rules,yuga.zip and the zip you downloaded into your sdcard
    4) Boot Into CWM - > Install SDCard - > Flash Yuga.ZIP FIRST !!!
    5) Flash The Zip You Downloaded From http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-touch/daily-preinstalled/current/
    6) Done Flashing Yuga.Zip And saucy-preinstalled-touch-armhf.zip
    7) Remember The Rules Files ?

using your terminal from your linux Im Using Ubuntu 13.04 -> adb shell
    you should get ~#
    cd sdcard - > ~# cd sdcard
    ~# ls - > should list out everything on sdcard
    now cp 70-yuga.rules /data/ubuntu/usr/lib/lxc-android-config/
    clear cache
    reboot see if it works..

if you dont do this you would get a blackscreen and dont blame me for it..

Code:
    How To Get Wifi Working

go to your terminal from your linux Im Using Ubuntu 13.04
    adb shell
    ~# android-chroot
    ~# insmod /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko

WiFi Should Work :) the security key is broken so dont expect it work with pass key try a unsecured wifi.. (NOT RECOMMANDED)

Code:
    What Working ~

Touchscreen
    ADB
    Rotation
    Apps
    Charging
    Touchscreen

Whats Not ~
    Radio
    SMS/MMS
    Camera
    Sound
    Video

Code:
    Downloads
    Yuga : https://mega.co.nz/#!Ag5DQIaQ!YKq9aGKpSFzyRln7YU_TSS5czBkBG78Mr3Szc293dmQ
    Rules : http://www.sendspace.com/file/6m1tv3

Code:
    Credits
    Ubuntu-Touch Development Team
    FreeXperia Development Team
    CyanogenMod Development Team
    Not Forgetting : Sony ;) Awesome Phone -> Greetings Sony <3

Have Fun
    iKillCypher Aka Zain
    My exams are almost over and I see OP had his sources on github, I'll see what I can do after my exams :)

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
    I'll compile new version today, just synced the sources :p
    It should be totally flipped and up to date as far as possible :)

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
    What Working ~

Touchscreen
    ADB
    Rotation

Whats Not ~
    Radio
    SMS/MMS
    Camera
    Sound
    GSM
    Apps
    Video
    Charging Via USB

Bugs - > Clicking Application Without Opening Browser/Gallery Result In Blackscreen
    WORKAROUND
    Open Browser Or Gallery Then Open An Application

As You Can See Almost Everything Is Broken..

Done so now maybe the people who said that I troll can see for yourself on how much work I have spent today checking everything out.. and I have never cheated anyone or anybody nor have I fool you guys.. I think I deserved some respect.. if something dont works fix it or wait for someone to fix it not be an spoiled brat and calling people scammer/leecher and

overall I think this all should be fixed soon as I will report to the ubuntu-development-team or maybe correspond with how to get it working..

and also I wont be updating this thread frequently as I have work and my personal life to attend to... now I wont ask for anything anymore as I can see what that has lead to but if you really think I deserved something then you know where to click to maybe make me happy for the time I have spent for bringing to to thousand of users of people who have waited for it..
    @iKillCypher can you please develop this os as no1 is...this is the time to shine and prove your self