Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 40,058 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Convert carrier model to unlocked

Tip us?

davidgood89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Convert carrier model to unlocked

Hello all.

I'm being a bit nooby here - have lots of experience flashing with Samsung's, but not much with HTC.

I have an unlocked M7, however it was originally locked to EE. (UK). As such, it's still suck on 4.3.

Is it possible to fully convert my phone to the unlocked version of the firmware so that I can receive OTAs? I've read about roms needing to match the version listed on hboot if you're S On (I am) but can't figure out whether it's necessary for functionality, or just for warranty purposes.

Sorry if this is covered already - we all know how great the search function works here...

Cheers for any advice!

bored_stupid
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgood89 View Post
Hello all.

I'm being a bit nooby here - have lots of experience flashing with Samsung's, but not much with HTC.

I have an unlocked M7, however it was originally locked to EE. (UK). As such, it's still suck on 4.3.

Is it possible to fully convert my phone to the unlocked version of the firmware so that I can receive OTAs? I've read about roms needing to match the version listed on hboot if you're S On (I am) but can't figure out whether it's necessary for functionality, or just for warranty purposes.

Sorry if this is covered already - we all know how great the search function works here...

Cheers for any advice!
If your on a unlocked bootloader why not install TWRP 2.6.3.3 recovery and then flash ARHD 62. It's fully stock only better and it's the latest kitkat. When HTC release an update to Kitkat, custom roms like ARHD will be the first to release it. Whereas carriers could be months behind.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app