Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,696 Members 37,968 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 2 Screen Replacement

Tip us?

justinc87
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Note 2 Screen Replacement

Hello all,

I recently replaced the glass on my Note 2. After removing all the glue on the LCD and replacing the double sided adhesive I put the glass back on and it looks great!! Unfortunately the touch now glitches out and sometimes shuts off completely. I then have to hit the power button and do the unlock screen, then the touch works again for a while. I have found the pen to be a lifesaver when I don't want to cut power again and again.

Now I figured I'd have some sensitivity loss due to the LCD glue being gone but should it be this bad? Anyone else replace the glass and have similar issues? Any advice from anyone?

- Justin

LotoTutu
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinc87 View Post
Hello all,

I recently replaced the glass on my Note 2. After removing all the glue on the LCD and replacing the double sided adhesive I put the glass back on and it looks great!! Unfortunately the touch now glitches out and sometimes shuts off completely. I then have to hit the power button and do the unlock screen, then the touch works again for a while. I have found the pen to be a lifesaver when I don't want to cut power again and again.

Now I figured I'd have some sensitivity loss due to the LCD glue being gone but should it be this bad? Anyone else replace the glass and have similar issues? Any advice from anyone?

- Justin
It seems two parts have not been combined together tightly.
You'd better try to replace a new one or the whole complete LCD screen with digitizer and frame.
Tags
glass, note 2, replacement