Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,905 Members 40,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do I brick my N9005? Knox is tipped, but I need warranty.

Tip us?

guitarz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default How do I brick my N9005? Knox is tipped, but I need warranty.

Hello.

I rooted my N9005 and tipped knox counter after a few months of usage (I thought my phone had no h/w problems so I rooted it)
Last week, my N3 flash (camera) won't light up. i think it is disconnected or maybe it was faulty from the purchase date (never used it before).
I flashed back stock rom. Same problem persisted so I went to service center, they refused to help me stating that my KNOX counter is tipped

I am thinking of rendering my phone useless, so they would not see KNOX counter?

Any idea?

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to guitarz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 24th April 2014 at 08:59 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2802
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarz View Post
Hello.

I rooted my N9005 and tipped knox counter after a few months of usage (I thought my phone had no h/w problems so I rooted it)
Last week, my N3 flash (camera) won't light up. i think it is disconnected or maybe it was faulty from the purchase date (never used it before).
I flashed back stock rom. Same problem persisted so I went to service center, they refused to help me stating that my KNOX counter is tipped

I am thinking of rendering my phone useless, so they would not see KNOX counter?

Any idea?

Thanks
You do the crime, you do the time. Nobody will probably help or assist you with this request as it is considered fraude. Not permitted on XDA, next time you will be reported. Why did you root a defective device anyway
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

B3311
Old
(Last edited by B3311; 24th April 2014 at 09:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 558
These kind of questions - and there have been many - make me seriously wonder about the mental acuity of some of the people here.

I mean, this is a developer's forum. Why on earth would you think that a "Help I f****d my phone up, it was my fault, please help me commit fraud" would get any sort of advice?

Try tapping the phone lightly on your head. Since your brain seems to be denser than Osmium, the phone should shatter on impact without causing any damage to the few neurones you seem to possess. Reported.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to B3311 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

antique_sonic
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1087
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarz View Post
Hello.

Any idea?

Thanks
Why need to fraud?
ur solution is very easy....

UR WARRANTY IS VOIDED. ...
but...
IF YOU PAY, they will fix for u.

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.
~WJ~
Learn.... Learn.... & Learn
Learn till you die, and you will die a happy man

Q & A for XNote Galaxy S5 (All Questions about X-Note Galaxy S5 PORT) :
[Q&A]X-Note G900F S5 PORT
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to antique_sonic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

malybru
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 10519

DONATE TO ME
Mod Edit

What you are asking is fraud.

May I remind you that this is a site of Developers

Please be more careful how you post in future

Thread closed

malybru
Forum Moderator
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to malybru For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe