Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,235 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] G2 Brick during 4.4.2 update

Tip us?

damagehands
Old
(Last edited by damagehands; 23rd April 2014 at 05:56 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] G2 Brick during 4.4.2 update

My phone went off while i was asleep this morning, and i accidentally hit the "Update Now" button for the 4.4.2 update. I was rooted, so of course it bricked. I'm stuck in CWM with no custom rom, my computer doesn't recognize the VS980 drivers (even after installing) and i'm at my wits end!
ADB doesnt recognize the device either, by the way.

If there was ANY way my computer could "see" my phone i could sideload a custom rom and force through this bootloop... any help?

I have also tried the Hard Reset, wiping every cache, and factory resets to no avail...

BAYOUREBEL
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Me too

I just took the OTA verizon kitkat update and all it does now is flash the LG logo. I think we are screwed.
LG G2 32 GB Verizon ( Awesome phone turbocharged too ) Retired the Gnex so glad I did
Rom ~ Stock Jellybean
Kernel ~ Stock
Launcher Stock

Thanks to all the Devs that make this possible

damagehands
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAYOUREBEL View Post
I just took the OTA verizon kitkat update and all it does now is flash the LG logo. I think we are screwed.
if you hold volume down + power, wait for the lg logo to turn on, then release and re-press power, itll kick over to the hard reset screen.

If your phone DOESNT say Rooted in the top left, you can get a warranty refund and get a new phone. Mine totally does, so yes, im screwed.

BAYOUREBEL
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default They tried that at Verizon store

Quote:
Originally Posted by damagehands View Post
if you hold volume down + power, wait for the lg logo to turn on, then release and re-press power, itll kick over to the hard reset screen.

If your phone DOESNT say Rooted in the top left, you can get a warranty refund and get a new phone. Mine totally does, so yes, im screwed.
It did not do anything for them so they are sending me a replacement under warranty. I would try it with them it dont hurt to try. I thought I read somewhere that rooting does not void warranty but maybe im wrong. Good luck
LG G2 32 GB Verizon ( Awesome phone turbocharged too ) Retired the Gnex so glad I did
Rom ~ Stock Jellybean
Kernel ~ Stock
Launcher Stock

Thanks to all the Devs that make this possible

JJT211
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I had same exact problem. See thread below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696

Basically whats happening is your phone is trying to reboot to install OTA but cannot initialize update because you're rooted and have a custom recovery installed. So it's just sitting there in limbo because it doesnt know what to do. And actually thats good news cuz nothing has been installed yet. The command in the above thread just kills the OTA and lets you reboot normally.

cmaag
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT211 View Post
I had same exact problem. See thread below

Basically whats happening is your phone is trying to reboot to install OTA but cannot initialize update because you're rooted and have a custom recovery installed. So it's just sitting there in limbo because it doesnt know what to do. And actually thats good news cuz nothing has been installed yet. The command in the above thread just kills the OTA and lets you reboot normally.
link is dead

Art Vanderlay
Old
Thanks Meter 81
The Following User Says Thank You to Art Vanderlay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bender_007
Old
Thanks Meter 1255

DONATE TO ME
If download mode is operating then you can flash the kdz and you are good to go.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app