The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] G2 Brick during 4.4.2 update

OP damagehands

23rd April 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
My phone went off while i was asleep this morning, and i accidentally hit the "Update Now" button for the 4.4.2 update. I was rooted, so of course it bricked. I'm stuck in CWM with no custom rom, my computer doesn't recognize the VS980 drivers (even after installing) and i'm at my wits end!
ADB doesnt recognize the device either, by the way.

If there was ANY way my computer could "see" my phone i could sideload a custom rom and force through this bootloop... any help?

I have also tried the Hard Reset, wiping every cache, and factory resets to no avail...
Last edited by damagehands; 23rd April 2014 at 06:56 PM.
23rd April 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

70 posts
More
Me too
I just took the OTA verizon kitkat update and all it does now is flash the LG logo. I think we are screwed.
23rd April 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAYOUREBEL

I just took the OTA verizon kitkat update and all it does now is flash the LG logo. I think we are screwed.

if you hold volume down + power, wait for the lg logo to turn on, then release and re-press power, itll kick over to the hard reset screen.

If your phone DOESNT say Rooted in the top left, you can get a warranty refund and get a new phone. Mine totally does, so yes, im screwed.
23rd April 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

70 posts
More
They tried that at Verizon store
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagehands

if you hold volume down + power, wait for the lg logo to turn on, then release and re-press power, itll kick over to the hard reset screen.

If your phone DOESNT say Rooted in the top left, you can get a warranty refund and get a new phone. Mine totally does, so yes, im screwed.

It did not do anything for them so they are sending me a replacement under warranty. I would try it with them it dont hurt to try. I thought I read somewhere that rooting does not void warranty but maybe im wrong. Good luck
24th April 2014, 05:26 AM   |  #5  
NOLA
Thanks Meter: 14

126 posts
More
I had same exact problem. See thread below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696

Basically whats happening is your phone is trying to reboot to install OTA but cannot initialize update because you're rooted and have a custom recovery installed. So it's just sitting there in limbo because it doesnt know what to do. And actually thats good news cuz nothing has been installed yet. The command in the above thread just kills the OTA and lets you reboot normally.
24th April 2014, 05:50 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT211

I had same exact problem. See thread below

Basically whats happening is your phone is trying to reboot to install OTA but cannot initialize update because you're rooted and have a custom recovery installed. So it's just sitting there in limbo because it doesnt know what to do. And actually thats good news cuz nothing has been installed yet. The command in the above thread just kills the OTA and lets you reboot normally.

link is dead
24th April 2014, 11:27 AM   |  #7  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 273

592 posts
More
The Following User Says Thank You to Art Vanderlay For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 01:28 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1,650

2,344 posts
Donate to Me
More
If download mode is operating then you can flash the kdz and you are good to go.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread