XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Text message reply from Gear

Tip us?

koreankabachy
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZenith View Post
It seems texting directly from the Gear is something to be used sparingly. On a normal work day (w/o TT) I would come home and the Gear would be at 81%. My first day of using TT and texting from my Gear exclusively, I hit 50% in 4 hours.
Directly relates to screen on time which drains the battery. My battery use to be around 70 when I got home before TT but I was also not using my watch that much. Now I use tt, I get about 100 text a day. That's a lot of added screen on time. Now I am usually home with about 50-40 battery. Looked at battery States and screen used about 70 percent of battery while tt was way down on the list.

Current setting with motion wake, screen brightness on 4 and vibrate.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Rooted GN II "Jelly Beans" ROM

BlackZenith
Old
(Last edited by BlackZenith; 18th December 2013 at 06:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by koreankabachy View Post
Directly relates to screen on time which drains the battery. My battery use to be around 70 when I got home before TT but I was also not using my watch that much. Now I use tt, I get about 100 text a day. That's a lot of added screen on time. Now I am usually home with about 50-40 battery. Looked at battery States and screen used about 70 percent of battery while tt was way down on the list.

Current setting with motion wake, screen brightness on 4 and vibrate.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
That's what I was implying by saying text from the Gear sparingly.

Although, I'm not convinced that just having TT connected doesn't effect the battery. Continuing from my previous post, I stopped doing anything from my Gear at 50% battery and 2 hours later my phone alerted me that the battery was low (15%). Mind you that I turned off the feature that turns the screen on every time you rotate your wrist. The screen never turned back on from 50% and it somehow lost 35% just sitting there for 2 hours... I have the latest release of TT, btw.
Note 3 + Gear 2

joshw0000
Old
Thanks Meter 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_fella View Post
Nice! That's pretty sweet! Perhaps give Minuum Keyboard a shot? It looks promising in the little screen
It'll take some getting used to but I can see what I'm typing now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BigBlockENTMT
Old
(Last edited by BigBlockENTMT; Yesterday at 02:03 PM.) Reason: Bigger text
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Samsung Galaxy Gear Samsung Galaxy Mega FIXED keyboard Fleksy and sms Tablet Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshw0000 View Post
How to install:

- Download/purchase the app on your phone
- Copy the .apk file from /data/app on your phone to your gear (via bluetooth or computer transfer)
- install the app on your gear
- [IMPORTANT] Set up your gear as a phone and phone as a tablet. This makes the two pair properly. Otherwise you can't pair them due to the tiny gear screen
- In settings, switch the phone to phone and the gear to tablet.
- Install a keyboard if you don't already have one.
- Note - you must be bluetooth tethered from your phone to receive internet connection for this to work
- Enjoy

After about 3 days of trial and error, this is the only way I could find to set the 2 up properly. I hope this helps others.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

What I did:
Install ADB / Samsung USB Drivers
Get the Fleksy 1.2.1 .apk
Get the tablet talk_sms_and texting app.apk
Install Both on Samsung Galaxy Gear and Im using Samsung Galaxy Mega Stock 4.2.2 (Never Update)
On Gear Open Fleksy and do the steps.. Test Close
Connect both Phone and Gear together with Bluetooth ( Normal )
On phone Open Tablet Talk
settings,
setup,
General tab, Connection "Bluetooth",
General tab, Change Connection password "1234"
Advanced tab Device type- Change to "Phone".

On Galaxy Gear No one says this!!!! Open Tablet Talk
Right on the top of the app there is no button, but its THERE press the "Right Top Corner".
settings,
setup,
General tab, Connection "Bluetooth",
General tab, Change Connection password "1234"
Bluetooth tab( It should show your phone id Paired phone Click on it) "MUST MUST MUST"

On both your Galaxy Gear and Galaxy Mega now press the Red Connection button and BAM Green... It worked for me... Cheers
Wish some one would have explained it in Dummy terms.

Also Kick ass Apps to try
Nova Launcher 2.1.1
Easy Uninstaller 2.2.7 "Must Have" takes any app off your Galaxy Gear
File Manager 1.16.0
Angry Birds 1.5.3
Angy Birds 1.4.0
Colornotes 3.9.20
MobiCalc 1.3.12
DragFX -------------------------- Try it on your Mobile Makes any Car sound like a real muscle car real time blowing out the speakers ( Big Block Entertainment )

Wondershare MobileGo for Android Awesome for looking on to your Gear and Quick install apps... Stay out of your Files don't delete Anything!!!