Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,337 Members 38,521 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Game][2.2+] SellWords: Buy letters, make words, sell words!

Tip us?

junkdr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by leepea View Post
The design is good, it's nice and simple. I like the concept too, it's quite different.

I would recommend adding instructions on how to use the wilds though, I had no idea they were even there until I read this thread and the W in the corner doesn't make it clear either. Also, what dictionary does it use? I tried to play "zoological" but it said it's an invalid word!
I think you are right about the Wilds. I will try to squeeze it in somehow in the next iteration.

in regards to the dictionary, I am using Kevin's wordlist. Its the only free/open wordlist with all the stems and free... so you get what you pay for. "because" also doesnt work... Ill be updating as people tell me words that are unrecognized at each iteration.

Thanks for your feedback and playing my little game!

junkdr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by atdmobile.world View Post
This app works great! I need it for a long time and now I found it. Thanks so much.
I'll improve my english by this app
Great! This makes me so happy! May I ask what your first language is and where you are from?

junkdr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillaflavor View Post
Very good game,
I can't stop playing it
If any concerns come up I will be sure to mention it
Thanks for enjoying the game! I hope there are no major bugs.. heee

mrescape
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkdr View Post
Tips:
1. Try to only buy what you can use
2. Generally you will earn a profit if you create longer words than the letters you have bought
Thanks for the tips! My score has improved drastically. Also, for other who are struggling to get a higher score, the summation of the above tips is "learn when to pass." Im rising in the leaderboards! Thanks again for a great game!

junkdr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrescape View Post
Thanks for the tips! My score has improved drastically. Also, for other who are struggling to get a higher score, the summation of the above tips is "learn when to pass." Im rising in the leaderboards! Thanks again for a great game!
That is a good summary of tips, maybe put that in the tips section... would you like credit for your copy?

mrescape
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
That is a good summary of tips, maybe put that in the tips section... would you like credit for your copy?
What do you mean by credit for my copy?

junkdr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
What do you mean by credit for my copy?
oh, that just means that i will use what you just said to put in my tips section somewhere and put your name next to it. Would that be something you would be interested in?

mrescape
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
oh, that just means that i will use what you just said to put in my tips section somewhere and put your name next to it. Would that be something you would be interested in?
No, that will be unnecessary. Thanks for making a great game. Ill be playing it often.

junkdr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
No, that will be unnecessary. Thanks for making a great game. Ill be playing it often.
ok, Thanks for playing!