FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

How do I check if phone has a custom recovery?

1,389 posts
Thanks Meter: 281
 
By ECrispy, Senior Member on 20th April 2014, 03:27 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Bought a used G2, it is unrooted and running stock 12B. The standard procedure for booting into recovery is to go into hard reset mode and continue. If there's a custom recovery phone will boot into that.

But if there isn't, it will actually do a full reset and lose all my data which I don't want to.

How can I check if phone has stock recovery on it?
 
 
20th April 2014, 03:56 AM |#2  
Damasterjj's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
if you didn't instal one then you don't have one.

http://itechtriad.com/articles/2014/...e#.U1M3I16ppuY
20th April 2014, 03:56 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 833
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasterjj

if you didn't instal one then you don't have one.

http://itechtriad.com/articles/2014/...e#.U1M3I16ppuY

I think his point is he bought it used and doesn't know and doesn't want to wipe his phone trying to find out...
20th April 2014, 04:31 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 281
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73

I think his point is he bought it used and doesn't know and doesn't want to wipe his phone trying to find out...

Correct. From what I've read there's NO way to do this without risking a wipe.
20th April 2014, 04:33 PM |#5  
acejavelin's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bismarck, ND
Thanks Meter: 697
 
Donate to Me
More
Ummm... Can't you just turn on USB Debugging and execute 'adb reboot recovery'? You will either get custom recovery or the android dude with an open chest plate, should know pretty quick.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acejavelin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2014, 08:46 PM |#6  
abdel12345's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,534
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin

Ummm... Can't you just turn on USB Debugging and execute 'adb reboot recovery'? You will either get custom recovery or the android dude with an open chest plate, should know pretty quick.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

What he said

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
21st April 2014, 12:28 PM |#7  
hlxanthus's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,085
 
More
A terminal emulator should do the trick too for what its worth . .

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
24th April 2014, 02:38 PM |#8  
jimlightner's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag youngstown
Thanks Meter: 571
 
More
Try flashify from the playstore,it's free.it's actually a nice app to have, and it will definitely let you know if you have a custom recovery. Not sure if it's a root only app though.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes