More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Battery Issue

OP xxshererxx

23rd April 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Richmond, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've noticed that when I have my phone plugged into the charger and I'm using my phone all at the same time it will stop charging.

Then I have to unplug the charger and plug it back in for it to start charging again. When I leave it alone and plugged in it charges a little longer before I have to replug the charger back into the phone.

Whenever I leave my phone on the charger and go to sleep I wake up and it's not charging anymore.

My speaker phone while I'm in a call constantly turns off or on by itself when my phone is plugged into the charger even does this on its own sometimes without the charger.

One last thing, I would love to be able to receive mms messages through my default sms app (handcent) I've tried the stock messaging app and vzwmessages and nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions??

[VZW-HTC1] 4.4.2 : (S-OFF) : Root : ROM-Viper_6.1.0 : SuperCID
23rd April 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 923

3,139 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sounds like a messed up charging port, cord, or charger.

As for the mms thing, have you went to settings and made handcent the default messaging app? Settings - more - default sms app Should work for mms too.
23rd April 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Richmond, Indiana

29 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco

Sounds like a messed up charging port, cord, or charger.

As for the mms thing, have you went to settings and made handcent the default messaging app? Settings - more - default sms app Should work for mms too.

I just recently purchased a smart charger at the Verizon store for approximately 35 dollars and my phone used to charger without a problem before rooting it.
23rd April 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #4  
Flag Michigan City, IN

3,139 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well i would backup all your stuff, and then do an ruu back to stock, still keeping the bootloader unlocked and s-off. If it still happens, its a hardware issue not software.
24th April 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Richmond, Indiana

29 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well i would backup all your stuff, and then do an ruu back to stock, still keeping the bootloader unlocked and s-off. If it still happens, its a hardware issue not software.

And what would be the best stock ruu. Or if you foul point me in the right direction.
24th April 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #6  
Flag Michigan City, IN

3,139 posts
Donate to Me
More
You can get them here, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=46506621 at the bottom of the post. Use the 2.10.605.1 decrypted. Then boot up and let it take the ota to kk.
24th April 2014, 06:55 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Richmond, Indiana

29 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You can get them here, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=46506621 at the bottom of the post. Use the 2.10.605.1 decrypted. Then boot up and let it take the ota to kk.

Do I flash this using recovery or bootloader? and can I just go ahead and do it with my custom rom and kernel installed or do I have to go all the way back to stock?
Last edited by xxshererxx; 24th April 2014 at 07:01 AM.
24th April 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #8  
Flag Michigan City, IN

3,139 posts
Donate to Me
More
The ruu will take you all the way back to stock except you will still be unlocked and s-off. You flash it in ruu mode.

fastboot oem rebootRUU

fastboot flash zip nameoffile.zip (may need to do twice if you get flush error.)

fastboot reboot

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread