Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more

Root for Xperia M (Already 4.3)

19th April 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Hello everyone,

I'm new in the forum, and there are many things that I don't understand about rooting, so I have a question :

I already updated my Xperia M C1905 to 4.3 official update, is there a root, or full root (I don't know the difference) that can work for me ? I found just some topics talking about rooting the 4.1, or rooting while upgrading to 4.3 at the same time I guess, if someone can explain to me, or give me some helpfull links for rooting my Xperia M that is already on the official 4.3.

(This is my first smartphone, and I don't know anything about rooting and Sorry if I'm asking too much)

Thanks in advace ^^
19th April 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 427

390 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you don't want to unlock your bootloader, the only way to root is downgrading to 4.1 and then using the root before update script I made. Otherwise you just unlock your bootloader and install CWM recovery, from CWM you flash SuperSU update package and you're done.

Jus keep in mind that by unlocking your bootloader you will void your warranty and your DRM keys will be wiped (some proprietary Sony apps will stop working without these keys)...
19th April 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbc07

If you don't want to unlock your bootloader, the only way to root is downgrading to 4.1 and then using the root before update script I made. Otherwise you just unlock your bootloader and install CWM recovery, from CWM you flash SuperSU update package and you're done.

Jus keep in mind that by unlocking your bootloader you will void your warranty and your DRM keys will be wiped (some proprietary Sony apps will stop working without these keys)...

Thank you for the reply,

I don't want to unlock my bootloader, so you mean I shoud downgrade to 4.1 then root, then upgrade again to the official 4.3 and the root will not disapear ?
19th April 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #4  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 796

1,073 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kliiv

Thank you for the reply,

I don't want to unlock my bootloader, so you mean I shoud downgrade to 4.1 then root, then upgrade again to the official 4.3 and the root will not disapear ?

first u r posting in wrong section./...u should post on Q&A ...second there is a guide for how to root 4.3 on LB[LB->locked bootloader]...search on general or android development section...
20th April 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 141

743 posts
More
This worked for me to root 4.3 but require downgrade to 4.1/4.2 to work.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2709911
24th April 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #6  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 84

173 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kliiv

Thank you for the reply,

Yes you do need to downgrade to 4.1 or 4.2 and than root it and than follow mbc07 guide to root without unlocking bootloader on JB 4.3, here is the link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2709911

Sent from my C2004 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread