Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 38,971 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root for Xperia M (Already 4.3)

Tip us?

kliiv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Root for Xperia M (Already 4.3)

Hello everyone,

I'm new in the forum, and there are many things that I don't understand about rooting, so I have a question :

I already updated my Xperia M C1905 to 4.3 official update, is there a root, or full root (I don't know the difference) that can work for me ? I found just some topics talking about rooting the 4.1, or rooting while upgrading to 4.3 at the same time I guess, if someone can explain to me, or give me some helpfull links for rooting my Xperia M that is already on the official 4.3.

(This is my first smartphone, and I don't know anything about rooting and Sorry if I'm asking too much)

Thanks in advace ^^

mbc07
Old
Thanks Meter 394
If you don't want to unlock your bootloader, the only way to root is downgrading to 4.1 and then using the root before update script I made. Otherwise you just unlock your bootloader and install CWM recovery, from CWM you flash SuperSU update package and you're done.

Jus keep in mind that by unlocking your bootloader you will void your warranty and your DRM keys will be wiped (some proprietary Sony apps will stop working without these keys)...
Sony Xperia M dual [C2004]
ROM: 15.5.A.1.5 (stock)
Android version: 4.3 (rooted)
Bootloader: locked (unlockable)

kliiv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbc07 View Post
If you don't want to unlock your bootloader, the only way to root is downgrading to 4.1 and then using the root before update script I made. Otherwise you just unlock your bootloader and install CWM recovery, from CWM you flash SuperSU update package and you're done.

Jus keep in mind that by unlocking your bootloader you will void your warranty and your DRM keys will be wiped (some proprietary Sony apps will stop working without these keys)...
Thank you for the reply,

I don't want to unlock my bootloader, so you mean I shoud downgrade to 4.1 then root, then upgrade again to the official 4.3 and the root will not disapear ?

ansebovi
Old
Thanks Meter 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by kliiv View Post
Thank you for the reply,

I don't want to unlock my bootloader, so you mean I shoud downgrade to 4.1 then root, then upgrade again to the official 4.3 and the root will not disapear ?
first u r posting in wrong section./...u should post on Q&A ...second there is a guide for how to root 4.3 on LB[LB->locked bootloader]...search on general or android development section...
MODEL-Xperia M Dual C2005

My second sign below

Kir3
Old
Thanks Meter 136
This worked for me to root 4.3 but require downgrade to 4.1/4.2 to work.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2709911
Sony Xperia M C1905 | Rooted | Stock Modified Android 4.3 (15.4.A.1.9)

Alcatel OT 331 -> Sagem my411x -> Sony Ericsson W395 -> Sony Ericsson Xperia Live with Walkman -> ZTE Grand X In -> Sony Xperia M

Shazam_strikes
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by kliiv View Post
Thank you for the reply,

Yes you do need to downgrade to 4.1 or 4.2 and than root it and than follow mbc07 guide to root without unlocking bootloader on JB 4.3, here is the link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2709911

Sent from my C2004 using Tapatalk
Don't Say it , Just HiT ThaNkS