ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Root for Xperia M (Already 4.3)

OP kliiv

19th April 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Hello everyone,

I'm new in the forum, and there are many things that I don't understand about rooting, so I have a question :

I already updated my Xperia M C1905 to 4.3 official update, is there a root, or full root (I don't know the difference) that can work for me ? I found just some topics talking about rooting the 4.1, or rooting while upgrading to 4.3 at the same time I guess, if someone can explain to me, or give me some helpfull links for rooting my Xperia M that is already on the official 4.3.

(This is my first smartphone, and I don't know anything about rooting and Sorry if I'm asking too much)

Thanks in advace ^^
19th April 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 447

402 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you don't want to unlock your bootloader, the only way to root is downgrading to 4.1 and then using the root before update script I made. Otherwise you just unlock your bootloader and install CWM recovery, from CWM you flash SuperSU update package and you're done.

Jus keep in mind that by unlocking your bootloader you will void your warranty and your DRM keys will be wiped (some proprietary Sony apps will stop working without these keys)...
19th April 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbc07

If you don't want to unlock your bootloader, the only way to root is downgrading to 4.1 and then using the root before update script I made. Otherwise you just unlock your bootloader and install CWM recovery, from CWM you flash SuperSU update package and you're done.

Jus keep in mind that by unlocking your bootloader you will void your warranty and your DRM keys will be wiped (some proprietary Sony apps will stop working without these keys)...

Thank you for the reply,

I don't want to unlock my bootloader, so you mean I shoud downgrade to 4.1 then root, then upgrade again to the official 4.3 and the root will not disapear ?
19th April 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #4  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 814

1,075 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kliiv

Thank you for the reply,

I don't want to unlock my bootloader, so you mean I shoud downgrade to 4.1 then root, then upgrade again to the official 4.3 and the root will not disapear ?

first u r posting in wrong section./...u should post on Q&A ...second there is a guide for how to root 4.3 on LB[LB->locked bootloader]...search on general or android development section...
20th April 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 141

746 posts
More
This worked for me to root 4.3 but require downgrade to 4.1/4.2 to work.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2709911
24th April 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #6  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 117

182 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kliiv

Thank you for the reply,

Yes you do need to downgrade to 4.1 or 4.2 and than root it and than follow mbc07 guide to root without unlocking bootloader on JB 4.3, here is the link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2709911

Sent from my C2004 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread