Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,773 Members 52,808 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tethering with wireless router- need help

Tip us?

Abu Nazir
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 86
Default Tethering with wireless router- need help

Ok so i have an lg g2, i am able to tether my phone to my pc and get internet. I am wanting to use my dlink wireless router to connect xbox 360. Well the only way i could get to work is by going into network sharing center, change adapter settings, then bridging my pc's lan adapter and the android's lan adapter making a mac bridge miniport. Well this actually works just fine to get my console connected. Only thing is since im not using the sharing options, i cannot set up ports to get an open nat type. Strict only. I also cannot get into my router to change pnp or demilitarize connection to get the open nat. So if anyone knows what the heck im talking about and can help, could u please either explain step by step what i would need to do to use sharing and accomplish that way or direct me to a thread that covers this. I have been trying to figure this out forever and im either not understanding or im not finding what i need. Everything ive read suggests i need to use the sharing option on one of the adapters but i just cannot figure this out. Any help would b so much appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

aarongillion63
Old
Thanks Meter 106

DONATE TO ME
Why can't you use your phone as wireless hotspot and connect everything to your phone? If your Xbox is not wireless you can either a) get a wireless adapter for it or b) buy a wireless bridge box ($20) and connect your Xbox via that.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app