Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,785 Members 45,947 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

use tmobile service/rom on verizon vs980

Tip us?

ddarvish
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Default use tmobile service/rom on verizon vs980

I was wondering if someone can layout the steps needed in order to get t mobile service to work on a verizon g2. I currently am at android 4.4.2 (24a update) with CWM custom recovery installed. I have a Tmob sim and lookin to use my vs980 with tmobile preferablly on kit kat as well.

thanks for the help

spinninbsod
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Just put T-Mobile Sim in and enter in proper apns and if you're lucky even LTE will work it works well my g2 is a backup for my nexus 5 wanted a just as powerful backup and Verizon variants are cheaper online I'm on 24a as well PS if you reflash stock ROM you will have to reenter apns an aosp ROM will automaticly detect you carrier and enter appropriate APN settings

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

ddarvish
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinninbsod View Post
Just put T-Mobile Sim in and enter in proper apns and if you're lucky even LTE will work it works well my g2 is a backup for my nexus 5 wanted a just as powerful backup and Verizon variants are cheaper online I'm on 24a as well PS if you reflash stock ROM you will have to reenter apns an aosp ROM will automaticly detect you carrier and enter appropriate APN settings

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

okoay so how do i enter APNS and where cann i find them?

spinninbsod
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarvish View Post
okoay so how do i enter APNS and where cann i find them?
If you are on stock tethering and hotspot mobile network APN aka access point names if you are on cm go to settings click on the word mobile networks and you should see access point names

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

ddarvish
Old
(Last edited by ddarvish; 24th April 2014 at 03:30 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinninbsod View Post
If you are on stock tethering and hotspot mobile network APN aka access point names if you are on cm go to settings click on the word mobile networks and you should see access point names

I am on Malladus 2.0.2. can you please be more specific on what to do in a step by step starting from switching vzw sim to tmobile sim.

i went to apn settings witht the tmobile sim and added a new apn and got the settings from the tmobile website but had no luck...... by the way voice works fine

spinninbsod
Old
Thanks Meter 59
You switch the sim card like its any old gsm phone what do youean you mean you didn't have any luck could you not get data/MMS to work or did have no signal at all