Everytime I reboot I have to reinstall OS

23rd April 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

181 posts
When I reboot the phone it hangs on the splash screen. So then I go into twrp and do a few things but still cant get back. I end up doing a full wipe and install my backup. Backup installs but upon reboot, it bootloops between the splash screen and trying to get to recovery. I see the blue twrp page for a sec and then back to splash screen and so on and on. Then I cant access twrp at all. I can only get into bootloader.

This happens no matter what ROM I use. So then I have to use fastboot to install twrp. Then use otg in twrp to install a new ROM. The new ROM installs fine and everything functions normal. But if I were to reboot and especially when the phone is left in fastboot mode, the whole cycle starts again.

My phone was fine a few days ago. It was stock running kitkat and not rooted never did anything to it. Then the phone turned off and got stuck at the splash screen. I could not do anything to recover the phone. I ended up being able to root so I did and here I am

Does this seem to be a hardware problem? That's the only thing I can think of. Everything gets wiped on the phone and loaded from a jump drive.
23rd April 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

28 posts
More
Which twrp are you using?

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd April 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

181 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandoz

Which twrp are you using?

24th April 2014, 08:01 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

28 posts
More
For kitkat it is recommended to have the latest twrp. 2.7

24th April 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

181 posts
Does it really make a difference? I think I have other problems

Sent from my myTouch 4G using xda app-developers app
24th April 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #6  
Flag Hereford
Thanks Meter: 184

667 posts
More
Post a fastboot getvar all. Maybe your backup is at fault also post a screen shot of your bootloader

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th April 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 2,969

5,986 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpshptl

Does it really make a difference? I think I have other problems

TWRP 2.6.3.3 is fine for 4.4 ROMs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpshptl

When I reboot the phone it hangs on the splash screen. So then I go into twrp and do a few things but still cant get back. I end up doing a full wipe and install my backup. Backup installs but upon reboot, it bootloops between the splash screen and trying to get to recovery. I see the blue twrp page for a sec and then back to splash screen and so on and on. Then I cant access twrp at all. I can only get into bootloader.

This happens no matter what ROM I use. So then I have to use fastboot to install twrp. Then use otg in twrp to install a new ROM. The new ROM installs fine and everything functions normal. But if I were to reboot and especially when the phone is left in fastboot mode, the whole cycle starts again.

My phone was fine a few days ago. It was stock running kitkat and not rooted never did anything to it. Then the phone turned off and got stuck at the splash screen. I could not do anything to recover the phone. I ended up being able to root so I did and here I am

Does this seem to be a hardware problem? That's the only thing I can think of. Everything gets wiped on the phone and loaded from a jump drive.

Could very well be (very likely be a hardware problem), can you post a "fastboot getvar all" (excluding IMEI and s/n), maybe there's an RUU for you that could fix it if it's software related.
24th April 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

181 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71

TWRP 2.6.3.3 is fine for 4.4 ROMs.

Could very well be (very likely be a hardware problem), can you post a "fastboot getvar all" (excluding IMEI and s/n), maybe there's an RUU for you that could fix it if it's software related.

Here is the info but there is no more back I deleted it. There is nothing on the phone right now. I did relock my bootloader but I can unlock it if need be.

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.24.3263.09
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.19.531.10
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064