Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,672 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking to make a simple first app - need some guidance

Tip us?

hpizzle12
Old
(Last edited by hpizzle12; 18th April 2014 at 01:27 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Looking to make a simple first app - need some guidance

Hi all,

Was looking for some guidance. I want to make a very simple app. Your traditional wallpaper app - I know there are already a ton out there, but I want to experiment. Basically have the user browse by category, then download a wallpaper. For someone who has never made an app, what is a good way to go about it? Would you recommend starting from scratch or using one of those free app websites? I know a little bit of Java, not nearly enough to make an app, but I wouldn't mind learning (lotta free time ATM). Is this something that can easily be made with a free app website? I've looked into those, but am not fully sure what their capabilities are. Any advice would be appreciated!

Apologies if I posted this in the wrong forum!

cepsbow
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
I'd start by installing Android Studio. Then I would dissect what your attempting to do here in goals and separate the coding tasks. Then I would glean what I could from the reference.

Manikanta Hari
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thumbs up Start with simple apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpizzle12 View Post
Hi all,

Was looking for some guidance. I want to make a very simple app. Your traditional wallpaper app - I know there are already a ton out there, but I want to experiment. Basically have the user browse by category, then download a wallpaper. For someone who has never made an app, what is a good way to go about it? Would you recommend starting from scratch or using one of those free app websites? I know a little bit of Java, not nearly enough to make an app, but I wouldn't mind learning (lotta free time ATM). Is this something that can easily be made with a free app website? I've looked into those, but am not fully sure what their capabilities are. Any advice would be appreciated!

Apologies if I posted this in the wrong forum!
Start create a simple Calculator with good looking UI ! Its my favorite @

mohamedrashad
Old
Thanks Meter 419
the best first app is something you can explore android with it, like an app with simple buttons each one runs a sound, or change background color....

Try Pi Developers apps

Socials Addict || Floata For Twitter
| | Pi locker

Check Pi Developers Blog

pidevelopers.blogspot.com

My Work For Android

hacyvir
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can anyone help me with the user interface ..
I want to learn advanced designing ..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk