Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,957 Members 38,538 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Black screen, no download mode

Tip us?

talmageluke
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Black screen, no download mode

My LG G2 downloaded an update last night and I accepted the install. I woke up to a blank screen and i Can't do anything on it. No download mode or recovery. It was rooted before hand. VS980 Please someone help me. I see the lg screen for a few seconds then it goes all blank. If its plugged into the computer the LG screen only comes up for a split second.

jer_stud56
Old
(Last edited by jer_stud56; 24th April 2014 at 02:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Charge it for a few hours and go from there. Sounds like the battery is dead.

If you hold the power button does it continually vibrate in spurts? If so, then it's most likely just a dead battery.

Here's some more help for you.

Quote:
Hold down power + volume down...the phone will turn off, but don't release them yet. It will flash LG logo for a split second and then turn off completely and stay off. You may release the buttons now.

Press and hold power + volume down. when you see the LG logo release the power button ONLY and then quickly press it and hold again until you boot into recovery.
Hit power twice to enter recovery
Holding volume up + plugging in your USB to the computer will get you to download mode as well and let you stock the phone.

talmageluke
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_stud56 View Post
Charge it for a few hours and go from there. Sounds like the battery is dead.

If you hold the power button does it continually vibrate in spurts? If so, then it's most likely just a dead battery.

Here's some more help for you.

Holding volume up + plugging in your USB to the computer will get you to download mode as well and let you stock the phone.
Its definitely not dead. The screen stays on, but black.I can get into that one hardware mode if i press down all three buttons.