Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,010 Members 44,796 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Gear Fit - No Movement Detected During Workout

Tip us?

jay_212
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Gear Fit - No Movement Detected During Workout

Guys,

Quick question.

Is there a setting somewhere that allows the gear fit to NOT end the workout if stationary (or bad GPS) after a preset time?

Scenario:

Whenever I am cycling, I inevitably come across traffic lights and have to stop, after some time (normally once I get going again) the gear fit will display a message "No movement detected, workout stopped" or something along those lines.

If I acknowledge the message, then its ok, workout continues until the next stop, but if I don't notice it, and sometimes I don't feel the vibration when cycling, then eventually the workout will stop all together, and I only find out next time I check the device.

This is very frustrating, surely I don't have to keep checking the device to see if it thinks the workout is stopped, very dangerous when cycling.

So currently yes I have to periodically check to make sure it is still recording, if I just leave it, guaranteed it will stop recording without me telling it to.

Anyone else experience this when cycling?

Otherwise great device!

jay_212
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
further to this..

yesterday on my ride home I got the "workout stopped" message when I had been moving for at least 3-4 minutes.

so not sure how it is calculating movement or what the threshold is.

luckily i noticed and acknowledged the message and the workout continued.

still very annoying.

surely someone else has experienced this, or am I the only one using the gear fit for cycling?

If i initiate the cycling workout from the app on the S5, it does not record heart rate, even though the device is paired.

scoobydoo_nz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, I have found this as well, and annoyed me too. You could go for a 4 hr ride, and it's stopped after 20 minutes haha.

THAT would be annoying!

agrttc
Old
Thanks Meter 33
This is problem for the newest firmware i think, bcoz early i don't have this problem...

jay_212
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydoo_nz View Post
Yes, I have found this as well, and annoyed me too. You could go for a 4 hr ride, and it's stopped after 20 minutes haha.

THAT would be annoying!
Yeap absolutely rubbish!

I am yet to accurately record a workout and I have had the thing for nearly a week.

Tempted to take it back just doesn't do anything it is supposed to do, except send notifications that seems to be the only thing working properly.

ctan6611
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have same problem too. Samsung need to fix this soon with firmware update. Otherwise it will be a great product.

Asrafil
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I suffer from the same problem. Anoying..... And if you track from the S Health app have you notice that the distance is way off from what the bike computer measures??? 4 riders, 4 bike computers from Sigma, all measured the same, S Health reported 2,5km LESS.......
Samsung Galaxy S

lukassky
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I was really fed up with Gear Fit and I've just return it to the seller.

I think i'm going to wait for better devices (or an important upgrade)

I bought it because notifications and tracking options, but it was disconnecting all the time from the cellphone.

Bye bye gearfit!

ilogik
Old
Thanks Meter 65
The movement detector really sucks in this watch. The other day the pedometer prompt came on congratulating me on reaching my daily steps goal. The problem is that it was early morning and I did not go anywhere to reach the 10,000 step goal. Then it occured to me, it must of picked up the movement of me rubbing one out...
iPhone 5s, LG G3, Note 3; Who are the 20%? o_O