5,606,722 Members 37,700 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which touch recovery would you prefer?
TWRP (already ported and ready to go) 29 72.50%
Touch CWM (Work would be needed to port) 11 27.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

[KERNEL][KK][4.4.2][Custom Linaro][-O3]RenderBroken's Kernel[3/22]

Tip us?

razen_kain
Old
Thanks Meter 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by badblood_antony View Post
dont know if u talking about the media scanner disabled...from the app manager inbuilt...also i did a complete format of the internal sd...ill do it again...should it be exfat or fat32 format ??? also is der other way to disable the media scanner...
Not sure about the format. A quick Google search will probably tell you. If there's something (media) corrupted on your SD (internal or external) card media scanner can hang up and just churn forever. I'd back up SD cards and format both followed by a full ROM wipe/system/data and fresh install of everything.

ALSO, I'd plug up to windows and let windows scan for and fix any errors on both cards. I have done this before on JB when my g gallery wouldn't open
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to razen_kain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sahilshetye
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Is kernel responsible for compatibility of battery?? I have been using gs2 int battery for past month now on renderbrokens kernel and omni rom.which was never possible before on stock rom because i always experienced instant bootloops. So is my kernel resposible for this compatibility or its something ??

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

azeem40
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilshetye View Post
Is kernel responsible for compatibility of battery?? I have been using gs2 int battery for past month now on renderbrokens kernel and omni rom.which was never possible before on stock rom because i always experienced instant bootloops. So is my kernel resposible for this compatibility or its something ??

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
No. Battery depends on the phone and the voltage it can support. 3.7V is what you need.
The Following User Says Thank You to azeem40 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RenderBroken
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1468

DONATE TO ME
Sorry I have been on a kind of hiatus lately. i had been able to finish building my kernel for the Moto G and that was a pain. I ran into a bug and was able to figure it out. When I am so close to getting something I am like a dog on a bone and can't do anything else till its done. Well its done lol. I am very happy to move past it. Now I have a rather large update in the pipe for the S2 Kernel. Yeah! Also i am going to start downloading the Liquid Smooth Source over night. i have just 3Mb internet so it will take some time.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RenderBroken For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

razen_kain
Old
Thanks Meter 1679
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenderBroken View Post
Sorry I have been on a kind of hiatus lately. i had been able to finish building my kernel for the Moto G and that was a pain. I ran into a bug and was able to figure it out. When I am so close to getting something I am like a dog on a bone and can't do anything else till its done. Well its done lol. I am very happy to move past it. Now I have a rather large update in the pipe for the S2 Kernel. Yeah! Also i am going to start downloading the Liquid Smooth Source over night. i have just 3Mb internet so it will take some time.
YES!
The Following User Says Thank You to razen_kain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RenderBroken
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1468

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by razen_kain View Post
YES!
You will be first to test my kernel. I will run all of them through you first for QC Anyone else that uses the i777 want to be a tester I would love to have another. Razen uses the S959G.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RenderBroken For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

razen_kain
Old
Thanks Meter 1679
Quote:
You will be first to test my kernel. I will run all of them through you first for QC Anyone else that uses the i777 want to be a tester I would love to have another. Razen uses the S959G.
Ready whenever you are. I got my ears on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to razen_kain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nimrodz91
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Count me in. Have a i777.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nimrodz91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

love4k21
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I came so far that i am able to build my own rom and kernel (huge thanks to you )
But i would be love to be a tester specially that i dont know how to add some tweaks or features

The Following User Says Thank You to love4k21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]