Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,194 Members 52,669 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stop gmail vibrate

Tip us?

kwest12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Question Stop gmail vibrate

I can't stop gmail notifications from vibrating. I do want to see gmail notifications in the notification bar up top, but I don't want those notifications to vibrate at me. Vibrating for texts and alerts from certain other apps (Facebook, Instagram, etc) is desirable, but emails don't need immediate attention. Is there any way to disable the gmail vibrations?

kschang
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwest12 View Post
I can't stop gmail notifications from vibrating. I do want to see gmail notifications in the notification bar up top, but I don't want those notifications to vibrate at me. Vibrating for texts and alerts from certain other apps (Facebook, Instagram, etc) is desirable, but emails don't need immediate attention. Is there any way to disable the gmail vibrations?
Gmail / 3 dots on upper right / settings / your account name / Notifications (on) / inbox sound & vibrate, change sound to silent, and vibrate off.

You'll get notification, but no sound and no vibrate.

kwest12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kschang View Post
Gmail / 3 dots on upper right / settings / your account name / Notifications (on) / inbox sound & vibrate, change sound to silent, and vibrate off.

You'll get notification, but no sound and no vibrate.
Thanks for the reply. Is there no way to keep a sound for emails (if I have the sound on) but no vibrate (ever)?

kschang
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwest12 View Post
Thanks for the reply. Is there no way to keep a sound for emails (if I have the sound on) but no vibrate (ever)?
So set the sound to something short and see what happens? If you turned OFF vibrate then it shouldn't vibrate.
Tags
gmail, notification, vibrate, vibration