Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,782 Members 38,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] this garbage ****ing phone keeps dropping data

Tip us?

galaxyzalaxy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] this garbage ****ing phone keeps dropping data

i'm SO sick of having phone issues. i would give anything to go back to 2G and T9.

my galaxy s4 - brand "new" (refurbished from asurion) - loses its data connection whenever it ****ing feels like it. i don't notice it till i send a text and NOTHING will happen until it fails. to fix it i toggle data, or airplane mode, or lose my **** completely and yell at it. this still takes about a minute to kick in after the toggle, and sometimes the phone needs a reboot before it fixes. when it does respond to the fix, it lasts for ten minutes, fifteen minutes, however long it ****ing feels like it, then starts over again.

verizon network, android 4.3, rooted

i imagine this is an issue with the radio. would a rom have different settings for the radio to keep the connection persistent?

any ideas? the phone is practically right out of the box. all i want is a consistently working device (or at least one that just sends sms and mms consistently without issue), and i have literally never had an android phone that did this.

would appreciate any advice

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 794
I have never encountered this before. ..sounds like hardware issue.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3

galaxyzalaxy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post

if this is the case, do you think my best bet is to talk to asurion?

cbmggm
Old
Thanks Meter 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post

I went thru six replacements before getting a phone with decent radios

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

thesoldier
Old
Thanks Meter 158
I had the same exact thing happen with my galaxy nexus. Thing would just drop data for fun I swear. Definitely hardware related.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jake.99x3
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyzalaxy View Post
i'm SO sick of having phone issues. i would give anything to go back to 2G and T9.

my galaxy s4 - brand "new" (refurbished from asurion) - loses its data connection whenever it ****ing feels like it. i don't notice it till i send a text and NOTHING will happen until it fails. to fix it i toggle data, or airplane mode, or lose my **** completely and yell at it. this still takes about a minute to kick in after the toggle, and sometimes the phone needs a reboot before it fixes. when it does respond to the fix, it lasts for ten minutes, fifteen minutes, however long it ****ing feels like it, then starts over again.

i imagine this is an issue with the radio. would a rom have different settings for the radio to keep the connection persistent?

any ideas? the phone is practically right out of the box. all i want is a consistently working device (or at least one that just sends sms and mms consistently without issue), and i have literally never had an android phone that did this.

Could Be a hardware issue but I would suggest flashing it and if it still has that problem take it to the verizon store!

galaxyzalaxy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks for the replies. i'm trying to get another replacement from asurion. godspeed.

michaely123
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Try flashing a new modem and see if it works.

AsurionCares
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Asurion Warranty Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyzalaxy View Post

Great news!

All Asurion replacement devices come with a 12-month limited warranty. If you experience a covered warranty failure within that time period, a replacement device may be sent to you at no additional cost. We'd love to see what we can do to help you. Please email us your claim# (if available), your Verizon mobile# and the best contact# for you to socialmediateam@asurion.com. We will see what we can do to help!

Thanks!

Asurion Social Media Team @AsurionCares
www.phoneclaim.com

The Following User Says Thank You to AsurionCares For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
i'm gonna kill myself