[Q] this garbage ****ing phone keeps dropping data

OP galaxyzalaxy

18th April 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
i'm SO sick of having phone issues. i would give anything to go back to 2G and T9.

my galaxy s4 - brand "new" (refurbished from asurion) - loses its data connection whenever it ****ing feels like it. i don't notice it till i send a text and NOTHING will happen until it fails. to fix it i toggle data, or airplane mode, or lose my **** completely and yell at it. this still takes about a minute to kick in after the toggle, and sometimes the phone needs a reboot before it fixes. when it does respond to the fix, it lasts for ten minutes, fifteen minutes, however long it ****ing feels like it, then starts over again.

verizon network, android 4.3, rooted

i imagine this is an issue with the radio. would a rom have different settings for the radio to keep the connection persistent?

any ideas? the phone is practically right out of the box. all i want is a consistently working device (or at least one that just sends sms and mms consistently without issue), and i have literally never had an android phone that did this.

would appreciate any advice
18th April 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 818

2,413 posts
I have never encountered this before. ..sounds like hardware issue.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th April 2014, 09:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

if this is the case, do you think my best bet is to talk to asurion?
18th April 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #4  
Flag Scottsdale AZ
Thanks Meter: 274

554 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

I went thru six replacements before getting a phone with decent radios

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
19th April 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 182

902 posts
More
I had the same exact thing happen with my galaxy nexus. Thing would just drop data for fun I swear. Definitely hardware related.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
19th April 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #6  
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 67

311 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyzalaxy

i'm SO sick of having phone issues. i would give anything to go back to 2G and T9.

my galaxy s4 - brand "new" (refurbished from asurion) - loses its data connection whenever it ****ing feels like it. i don't notice it till i send a text and NOTHING will happen until it fails. to fix it i toggle data, or airplane mode, or lose my **** completely and yell at it. this still takes about a minute to kick in after the toggle, and sometimes the phone needs a reboot before it fixes. when it does respond to the fix, it lasts for ten minutes, fifteen minutes, however long it ****ing feels like it, then starts over again.

i imagine this is an issue with the radio. would a rom have different settings for the radio to keep the connection persistent?

any ideas? the phone is practically right out of the box. all i want is a consistently working device (or at least one that just sends sms and mms consistently without issue), and i have literally never had an android phone that did this.

Could Be a hardware issue but I would suggest flashing it and if it still has that problem take it to the verizon store!
20th April 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

14 posts
thanks for the replies. i'm trying to get another replacement from asurion. godspeed.
21st April 2014, 07:34 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 9

74 posts
More
Try flashing a new modem and see if it works.
24th April 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #9  
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 10

41 posts
Asurion Warranty Replacement
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyzalaxy

Great news!

All Asurion replacement devices come with a 12-month limited warranty. If you experience a covered warranty failure within that time period, a replacement device may be sent to you at no additional cost. We'd love to see what we can do to help you. Please email us your claim# (if available), your Verizon mobile# and the best contact# for you to socialmediateam@asurion.com. We will see what we can do to help!

Thanks!

Asurion Social Media Team @AsurionCares
www.phoneclaim.com

The Following User Says Thank You to AsurionCares For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
i'm gonna kill myself
Previous Thread Next Thread