Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

bootloader calls to ph85img numerous times.

OP pbergonzi

23rd April 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Pedro
Thanks Meter: 121

326 posts
More
When I reboot my phone to bootloader, it shows a call or search for ph85img.zip about 6 times in a list.
I got a feeling I can edit some boot file to get rid of the extra half dozen calls--thinking I gotta keep one call in there for just in case.
If this is true, would someone tell me the file I can edit?
Thanks.
24th April 2014, 07:45 AM   |  #2  
Flag Jacksonville, Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,236

1,945 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Flash the ICS RUU again
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergonzi

When I reboot my phone to bootloader, it shows a call or search for ph85img.zip about 6 times in a list.
I got a feeling I can edit some boot file to get rid of the extra half dozen calls--thinking I gotta keep one call in there for just in case.
Thanks.

So you're saying that it searches for a PH85IMG file on your phone while in bootloader? I know that when it's on the root of the sd card it updates it and asks if you want to apply it, but this is weird.

What I think you can do is flash the T-Mobile (or unbranded) ICS RUU again and see if it fixes the issue. That's just an idea. Hopefully it should work.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperAfnan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #3  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 452

552 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbergonzi

Thanks.

After rereading your post and then seeing SuperAfnan's comments I believe this is normal procedure. If you look carefully (I know it happens kinda fast) each of these "calls" you refer to are slightly different than the other. They the are acceptable variations in the name of the image that might be in the root of your SD. If you were to be able to edit I believe it would be somewhere in the hboot binary itself.
The Following User Says Thank You to Odysseus1962 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 09:18 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Pedro
Thanks Meter: 121

326 posts
More
multiple calls
Thank you both.
It is as Ody said, variations on a spelling--it tries to load ph85diag.zip twice, then ph85img.zip 4 times, doesn't find them and just goes into recovery or whatever I've asked it to do, without any trouble.
I thought perhaps I'd done some improper flashing of recovery or somesuch, and had ended up with some sort of list of incomplete flashes, but believe after having read your remarks that this is just perfectly normal, since the phone does all else properly.
Rather than flash an RUU, I'll just leave it be, unless something terrible happens--it's been like this ever since I flashed it, almost a year ago.
24th April 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #5  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 1,078

1,303 posts
Donate to Me
More
It searches for other images.. I guess PH85IMGDIAG means some diagnosis image htc used during testings..

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to ravike14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread