Safe to root and flash Cyanogen after 4.4.2?

24th April 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hey everyone,

I know that a lot of methods for rooting and installing a bootloader are specific to a certain stock rom for phones. As such, this worried me, since I recently updated my Verizon LG G2 to 4.4.2. I want to root and install cyanogenmod, but I am worried that using existing methods will brick my phone. Are these fears warranted? Is there a recommended way to do this?

Thanks for any input
24th April 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #2  
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 790

2,883 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohdoo

Hey everyone,

I know that a lot of methods for rooting and installing a bootloader are specific to a certain stock rom for phones. As such, this worried me, since I recently updated my Verizon LG G2 to 4.4.2. I want to root and install cyanogenmod, but I am worried that using existing methods will brick my phone. Are these fears warranted? Is there a recommended way to do this?

Thanks for any input

Rooting the OTA is easy, installing a recovery requires downgrading some stuff. The easiest thing to do is root again via ioroot25 then use AutoRec to install TWRP, it does all the things needed so a recovery can be flashed automatically.
24th April 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #3  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 235

913 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohdoo

Hey everyone,

Thanks for any input

As long as you take your time, read carefully and don't rush you'll be fine. Here's the thread to root and recovery http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2713954
CM for VS980 (verizon) isn't based on 4.4 source yet, it's based on 4.2 so you can't flash it anyway unless you want to downgrade. It runs like crap and you'll find no support in the thread from the developers. I would go with Mahdi if you want CM like AOSP with a grip of customization and loads of support. That's what I'm on and it's pretty badass. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2590700 There's the thread for Mahdi.

LG G2 ftw
Last edited by phaze one; 24th April 2014 at 09:58 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Verizon G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank