Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTCDev or wait?

Tip us?

supitsronnie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default HTCDev or wait?

Should I unlock using HTCDev or will we see an alternative in the future? I would like to reclaim my warranty by restoring to stock if I need it rather than being screwed even if I restore to stock this is why I'm asking.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

johnnyutah22
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by supitsronnie View Post
Should I unlock using HTCDev or will we see an alternative in the future? I would like to reclaim my warranty by restoring to stock if I need it rather than being screwed even if I restore to stock this is why I'm asking.

I believe this was asked and answered 6 posts down from yours: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2727691
The Following User Says Thank You to johnnyutah22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

P05TMAN
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by supitsronnie View Post

I'm personally going to wait for a few months. Something is bound to come out like it did for the HTC One M7 (rumrunner) that will allow root and S-OFF without HTCDev.

Also the thread referenced here is an answer for now. While temproot may not be available for AT&T M8s, I find it hard to believe that someone won't work on a way around unlock, root, S-Off without HTCDev.
The Following User Says Thank You to P05TMAN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nash2000
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I'm wondering....has anyone needed a phone exchange after rooting? When ever I've had a faulty device I just contact AT&T, tell my issues...they trouble shoot then send me a new phone with pre paid box to ship out my broken one. How will it be any different his go round?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app