Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 53,316 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Remove "no location" and/or other icons from statusbar?

Tip us?

reinaldistic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177

DONATE TO ME
Default Remove "no location" and/or other icons from statusbar?

I want to remove the crossed out GPS icon when my GPS isn't running, I've searched for exposed modules to no avail, I also would like to remove other icons of its easy/possible like the "lte" icon when the spark Sun is up...

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

bimmerbot
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinaldistic View Post
I want to remove the crossed out GPS icon when my GPS isn't running, I've searched for exposed modules to no avail, I also would like to remove other icons of its easy/possible like the "lte" icon when the spark Sun is up...

Are you unlocked, rooted and S-off? Can't do much if you're completely stock. If you're rooted, you can use Xposed Framework, install GravityBox (KK), and hide the icon that way. Or you can use Venom Tweaks (not sure if that only works on the Viper ROM or not).

The LTE Spark icon is a single unit, so you can't remove just the letters. You can see the International Icons pack thread in the Themes forum for Sprint M8 to get the simplified icons for that (no Sun).

reinaldistic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbot View Post
Are you unlocked, rooted and S-off? Can't do much if you're completely stock. If you're rooted, you can use Xposed Framework, install GravityBox (KK), and hide the icon that way. Or you can use Venom Tweaks (not sure if that only works on the Viper ROM or not).

The LTE Spark icon is a single unit, so you can't remove just the letters. You can see the International Icons pack thread in the Themes forum for Sprint M8 to get the simplified icons for that (no Sun).
I tried gravitybox can't find where it can disable the GPS off icon

bimmerbot
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
I tried gravitybox can't find where it can disable the GPS off icon

Are you trying to disable only the "GPS off" icon, while keeping the "GPS on" icon? I'm not sure if that's possible, but hiding GPS Icon should remove both. I never turn off GPS myself, so I didn't even notice there was an icon for it being off. :P

reinaldistic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
[quote name="reinaldistic" post=52144551]I tried gravitybox can't find where it can disable the GPS off icon

Are you trying to disable only the "GPS off" icon, while keeping the "GPS on" icon? I'm not sure if that's possible, but hiding GPS Icon should remove both. I never turn off GPS myself, so I didn't even notice there was an icon for it being off. :P[/QUOTE]

either would work for me i dont want the gps off icon wether or not i keep the gps on icon i dont care i just want the phone not to remind me that its off all the time

Sent from my SM-T217S using xda app-developers app

reinaldistic
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 177

DONATE TO ME
found it : the module is called "disable sprint system ui flag"

bimmerbot
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
found it : the module is called "disable sprint system ui flag"

Yeah, sorry, it seems GravityBox no longer has the icon hiding function it had. What you found works, but so does Sense 6.0 Toolbox that you can't get through Xposed downloads directly. Search in XDA and you can find that. Has a lot of functionality.