LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Remove "no location" and/or other icons from statusbar?

OP reinaldistic

24th April 2014, 02:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 180
 
980 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
I want to remove the crossed out GPS icon when my GPS isn't running, I've searched for exposed modules to no avail, I also would like to remove other icons of its easy/possible like the "lte" icon when the spark Sun is up...

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app
24th April 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinaldistic

I want to remove the crossed out GPS icon when my GPS isn't running, I've searched for exposed modules to no avail, I also would like to remove other icons of its easy/possible like the "lte" icon when the spark Sun is up...

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

Are you unlocked, rooted and S-off? Can't do much if you're completely stock. If you're rooted, you can use Xposed Framework, install GravityBox (KK), and hide the icon that way. Or you can use Venom Tweaks (not sure if that only works on the Viper ROM or not).

The LTE Spark icon is a single unit, so you can't remove just the letters. You can see the International Icons pack thread in the Themes forum for Sprint M8 to get the simplified icons for that (no Sun).
24th April 2014, 03:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 180
 
980 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbot

Are you unlocked, rooted and S-off? Can't do much if you're completely stock. If you're rooted, you can use Xposed Framework, install GravityBox (KK), and hide the icon that way. Or you can use Venom Tweaks (not sure if that only works on the Viper ROM or not).

The LTE Spark icon is a single unit, so you can't remove just the letters. You can see the International Icons pack thread in the Themes forum for Sprint M8 to get the simplified icons for that (no Sun).

I tried gravitybox can't find where it can disable the GPS off icon

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app
24th April 2014, 03:05 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinaldistic

I tried gravitybox can't find where it can disable the GPS off icon

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

Are you trying to disable only the "GPS off" icon, while keeping the "GPS on" icon? I'm not sure if that's possible, but hiding GPS Icon should remove both. I never turn off GPS myself, so I didn't even notice there was an icon for it being off. :P
24th April 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 180
 
980 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:

[quote name="reinaldistic" post=52144551]I tried gravitybox can't find where it can disable the GPS off icon

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

Are you trying to disable only the "GPS off" icon, while keeping the "GPS on" icon? I'm not sure if that's possible, but hiding GPS Icon should remove both. I never turn off GPS myself, so I didn't even notice there was an icon for it being off. :P[/QUOTE]

either would work for me i dont want the gps off icon wether or not i keep the gps on icon i dont care i just want the phone not to remind me that its off all the time

Sent from my SM-T217S using xda app-developers app
24th April 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 180
 
980 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
found it : the module is called "disable sprint system ui flag"

Sent from my SM-T217S using xda app-developers app
24th April 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinaldistic

found it : the module is called "disable sprint system ui flag"

Sent from my SM-T217S using xda app-developers app

Yeah, sorry, it seems GravityBox no longer has the icon hiding function it had. What you found works, but so does Sense 6.0 Toolbox that you can't get through Xposed downloads directly. Search in XDA and you can find that. Has a lot of functionality.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes