Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 49,827 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help!!! Gallery and Videos disappear after flashing

Tip us?

prince_jihad11
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Need help!!! Gallery and Videos disappear after flashing

Ok,, This is what happened
I was in stock 4.1.2 and installed Custom ROM,, since that I felt lost few of photos and videos. I didn't feel good with that Custom ROM so I installed back to stock 4.1.2 and automatically upgraded to 4.2.2. And since that I lost greater than before. I used many recovery software to recover my lost but I had nothing. I decided back to 4.1.2 but something worse happened,, 3/4 of my video and gallery disappear,,
Perhaps someone know what should I do or anyone had same experience like me?

# Sorry for my bad english

prince_jihad11
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Anyone?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Kiyani
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_jihad11 View Post
Anyone?

some idk about that but in my case I lost all of my data including all the movies i copied in my tab.. After checking sd card throughly using CWM recovery i managed to find out that every thing was there but flashing a new rom mounted a new partition kinda thingy lol old data was saved as SDcard/data but after the flash new data was saved as SDcard/0/data and i couldnt find any way to access the old data.. I had to format the sdcard completely using CWM to get back the space taken by my old data though...
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiyani For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prince_jihad11
Old
(Last edited by prince_jihad11; 24th April 2014 at 06:58 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Any one?

prince_jihad11
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyani View Post
some idk about that but in my case I lost all of my data including all the movies i copied in my tab.. After checking sd card throughly using CWM recovery i managed to find out that every thing was there but flashing a new rom mounted a new partition kinda thingy lol old data was saved as SDcard/data but after the flash new data was saved as SDcard/0/data and i couldnt find any way to access the old data.. I had to format the sdcard completely using CWM to get back the space taken by my old data though...
Thanks for your reply.. so, there's no way to get our old data? I'm sure my data was not lost.. but hidden somewhere just like you said. Because my remain storage's memory was not increase (constant) since my data lost.. is it happen in tablet device only? Because I never face this case expect in tablet device

Kiyani
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_jihad11 View Post
Thanks for your reply.. so, there's no way to get our old data? I'm sure my data was not lost.. but hidden somewhere just like you said. Because my remain storage's memory was not increase (constant) since my data lost.. is it happen in tablet device only? Because I never face this case expect in tablet device

You're welcome I'm always happy to help.. Well the problem is I couldn't find any way to recover the old data... so was forced to completely format my tab using CWM recovery to get back the space of almost 6 GB taken by my old data.. if you can somehow get back to the old partition then it might be possible to get it back but sadly i wasn't able to find anything on the net though.. BTW it didn't happened again though so far and yes you are right it only happened on my tab... I flashed new ROMs multiple times on HTC desire C and Samsung Galaxy Y DUOS but this never happened..