Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 49,201 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to change the time on when you need to fingerprint unlock.

Tip us?

fastfed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by accrews2001 View Post
I realize this is annoying to you but your response to someone trying to help you was rude.

I also don't see anywhere other than the lock screen settings to manage your security settings. Mine also works like your friends, seemingly by default. The only thing I can suggest is to change the security to swipe and then back to fingerprint. Maybe it's some kind of glitch you found.

Sent from my AT&T GS5
It's a forum, it's read differently to some people, it wasn't meant as rude. Although the reply was extremely basic, I know how to get into my security settings.

What I'm asking seems harder to find then a noob trying to root his phone. It is frustrating. It's a basic feature and I'd love to have it

aminhasi22
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Hello,

Go to lockscreen setting and set the lock automatically time to 30 mins. Also you will find an iption below stating lock instantly with power button, disable that option and you are done. Your phone will lock to fingerprint oly after 30 minutes of inactivity

Sent from my SM-G900H using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fastfed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
[quote name="accrews2001" post=52119940]I realize this is annoying to you but your response to someone trying to help you was rude.

I also don't see anywhere other than the lock screen settings to manage your security settings. Mine also works like your friends, seemingly by default. The only thing I can suggest is to change the security to swipe and then back to fingerprint. Maybe it's some kind of glitch you found.

Sent from my AT&T GS5
It's a forum, it's read differently to some people, it wasn't meant as rude. Although the reply was extremely basic, I know how to get into my security settings.

What I'm asking seems harder to find then a noob trying to root his phone. It is frustrating. It's a basic feature and I'd love to have it [/QUOTE]

Still not helping.. Again...

When I shut my screen off with the power button and turn it back on, it just turns on without any swiping needed. After 30 minutes finger print is needed.. But I want to have to swipe to unlock my phone, finger print within 30 minutes!!

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app

WePlay
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Maybe he has an app that does it?

fastfed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by WePlay View Post
Maybe he has an app that does it?

This is how I feel right now

I'm on XDA forums, not some kiddy site and we can't figure this out.

someone mentioned it was a bug, maybe that is true? But I would love to see if someone can confirm this. Is it a bug. Is it simply NOT possible?

Do people understand what I'm saying?

It's not an app. He literally just bought the phone that day! He still talks about it with me all the time. I laugh at how the genius's here can't figure this thing out.

I mean.. Maybe I start a thread, "What do you use to unlock your phone"
I can't see people using fingerprint EVERYTIME to just open the phone for a second. It takes too long.

I think most people just don't even use the fingerprint option and thats why this thread is lacking any replies.

WePlay
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I use fingeprint all the time. I have looked at all my settings and cant find any options to set swipe as temporary lock screen.

I wish I could as I would like that option too. However I dont think that fingerprint takes too long. I just swipe my thomb and the phone opens.

pennywisdom
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Your problem sounds like something is preventing the phone from even locking. I had a similar issue on my Galaxy S4. There's an app called Swann View Plus that I would use for viewing our cameras at work. For some reason, whenever I opened it, clicked back to home, and then locked the screen, when I woke up the phone I would not have to swipe to unlock, it would just be there at the home screen.

Now I have the same app on my Galaxy S5 and it doesn't do that, however I would look towards some kind of app causing this issue. Wipe your device to factory and check to see if it is still doing the same thing as it is now, or if it does as your friend's does which is also what mine does.
My Smartphone history with AT&T:
January 2005: Audiovox SMT5600 aka HTC Typhoon
June 2006: Cingular 8125 aka HTC Wizard
October 2007: AT&T Tilt aka HTC Kaiser
June 2009: AT&T Fuze aka HTC Raphael
November 2009: iPhone 3GS
July 2010: iPhone 4
October 2011: iPhone 4S
July 2012: Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM/HSDPA+
May 2013: Samsung Galaxy S4 4G/LTE
April 2014: Samsung Galaxy S5 4G/LTE

fastfed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by WePlay View Post
I use fingeprint all the time. I have looked at all my settings and cant find any options to set swipe as temporary lock screen.

I wish I could as I would like that option too. However I dont think that fingerprint takes too long. I just swipe my thomb and the phone opens.
He he he say what?? An app is causing what issue?? Finding where the setting is?

WePlay
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed View Post
He he he say what?? An app is causing what issue?? Finding where the setting is?
No. I doesnt mention any app.
My phone does the same as yours. But I would like the same setting as your friend. I just say I have looked at all my settings in the phone and cant find any setting to set it like your friend.

fastfed
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed View Post

Loll OK.. Thanks, felt like I was losing my mind.. Really frustrating :banghead: