Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,055 Members 48,311 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TMO note 2 imei NULL/NULL

Tip us?

Tw1stedpanda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 35655622

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofroyo View Post
if you have unknown or Null IMEI installing a rom wont fix it.

1) click on this link and download the drivers first: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2038555

2) Download and install kies from this URL: http://www.samsung.com/in/support/us...tware/KIES/JSP

3) power down your device, once its off, hold down the volume button down - home button - power button, hold all three at the same time. Should ask you to confirm enter to download mode.

4( Launch kies and do not plugin your device until it says so

5) Once in kies go to the menu and bar and click on "tools" option and choose "Firmware upgrade and initialization

6) Enter your model number, IE SGH-T889

7) Enter serial number, can be found back of the box or under the battery

8),follow the on screen prompts to connect your device and restore it.

9) once its done installing and booted up you should have your signal back.

Good luck hope it works for you.
Thank you for the in detail explaining of how to do this, it was kind of confusing. The only thing I have an issue with doing that is I don't have my box, and my s/n isn't under the bar code. In settings it gives me a serial number but after putting that in, it stays on connecting normally. But I will try again in an hour or so and update you when I try what you said exactly.

Tw1stedpanda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofroyo View Post
if you have unknown or Null IMEI installing a rom wont fix it.

1) click on this link and download the drivers first: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2038555

2) Download and install kies from this URL: http://www.samsung.com/in/support/us...tware/KIES/JSP

3) power down your device, once its off, hold down the volume button down - home button - power button, hold all three at the same time. Should ask you to confirm enter to download mode.

4( Launch kies and do not plugin your device until it says so

5) Once in kies go to the menu and bar and click on "tools" option and choose "Firmware upgrade and initialization

6) Enter your model number, IE SGH-T889

7) Enter serial number, can be found back of the box or under the battery

8),follow the on screen prompts to connect your device and restore it.

9) once its done installing and booted up you should have your signal back.

Good luck hope it works for you.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Every other tutorial did not specify exactly what I needed to do when hooking it up. I feel dumb that I couldn't figure that out but thanks to all that responded to this tread! This fixed my issue 100% I could kiss you I'm so happy! But, I wont.. Thanks again!

nofroyo
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw1stedpanda View Post
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Every other tutorial did not specify exactly what I needed to do when hooking it up. I feel dumb that I couldn't figure that out but thanks to all that responded to this tread! This fixed my issue 100% I could kiss you I'm so happy! But, I wont.. Thanks again!
No worries, just hit that thanks button. I had this happen to me before and I didnt even know this option was possible. So i had to swap out my device and then just a few days ago a rom went crazy and wiped it out again. I had a backup plan and it failed. Then i came across a similar thread with this procedure and I tried it and it worked like a charm. Glad it worked out, happy flashing

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more

MultiROM Makes Its Way to the LG G2

Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen quite a fewflagship (and former flagship) devicesget to … more