FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 30)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

[Q] Can't Access Recovery Mode

Thanks Meter: 1
 
By jones75534, Junior Member on 24th April 2014, 06:45 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
This blows. So my T-mobile Galaxy Note 3 is successfully rooted. Apparently TWRP was successfully installed via Odin, but my device refuses to enter Recovery Mode so no custom roms for me... When I attempt to boot to recovery it just starts on the screen which says:

"Recovery Booting....
RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING
Set Warranty Bit: Recovery"

And then it has the Sammy logo below. It stays on this screen a few seconds, turns black, goes back to that screen, and then depending on when I let go of the 3 finger salute... just boots up regularly after that.

In my research I saw a suggestion to download an app called QuickBoot and select the boot to recovery. When I did this it was just stuck in an infinite loop of the screen I described above until I pull the battery.

This is so damn frustrating. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
 
 
24th April 2014, 07:50 AM |#2  
Frank Westlake's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 259
 
More
Reinstall TWRP and make sure you have the correct version for your Android version. If that fails, reinstall stock recovery.

Frank
24th April 2014, 08:58 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Westlake

Reinstall TWRP and make sure you have the correct version for your Android version. If that fails, reinstall stock recovery.

Frank

Thanks for the reply. I did try re-installing several times to no avail. The version I'm using is "openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-hltetmo.img.tar" which I downloaded from: http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/hltetmo . Now that you say that about the version I see the date is from January of the most recent one. Is it possible that TWRP cannot be installed on Kitkat? If so, I can't be the only one running into this problem.
24th April 2014, 09:03 PM |#4  
joytofender's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Irving
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones75534

Thanks for the reply. I did try re-installing several times to no avail. The version I'm using is "openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-hltetmo.img.tar" which I downloaded from: http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/hltetmo . Now that you say that about the version I see the date is from January of the most recent one. Is it possible that TWRP cannot be installed on Kitkat? If so, I can't be the only one running into this problem.

I think you need to try 2.7.0.0

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2467001
The Following User Says Thank You to joytofender For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 09:23 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joytofender

I think you need to try 2.7.0.0

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2467001


Thanks, I'm sure that must be it. Looks like there is no 2.7 for T-Mobile Note 3 yet or am I just blind? Here's the site I'm looking at: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/198
24th April 2014, 09:26 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones75534

Thanks, I'm sure that must be it. Looks like there is no 2.7 for T-Mobile Note 3 yet or am I just blind? Here's the site I'm looking at: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/198

scratch that. I am indeed blind. I see 2.7 in the downloads... the newer versions are at the bottom, not the top..... jeez *face palm*
The Following User Says Thank You to jones75534 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank