Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Brand new Razr HD Maxx, unlock bootloader?

OP chris7979

24th April 2014, 05:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
I'm really sorry if this question has been asked and answered before.
I bought a brand new Razr HD Maxx that has been sitting in the box since last year off eBay.
I'm not sure what version of firmware the system is running but I'm assuming it is an old, old release since its still on ICS. See pics.

I am want to root and unlock bootloader to put some KitKat ROMs on here, but I'm not sure how to do so. I know some Motorola firmware versions permalock the bootloader...is this the case with my device? Which piece of software do I use?

I'm still new to the rooting/unlocking/modding aspect of Android (moving from Windows Phone) and your expert help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance for your replies!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20140423_008.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	2705149  
Last edited by chris7979; 24th April 2014 at 06:09 AM.
24th April 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #2  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 2,002

3,302 posts
More
Most probably you are lucky to have unlockable booloader, just don't accept OTA. Search forum how to unlock, wait for answer from someone who did, read, read, read and understand before you try! Also start with full charged battery!
24th April 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 23

79 posts
Quote:

I'm really sorry if this question has been asked and answered before. <br />
I bought a brand new Razr HD Maxx that has been sitting in the box since last year off eBay.<br />
I'm not sure what version of firmware the system is running but I'm assuming it is an old, old release since its still on ICS. See pics.<br />
<br />
I am want to root and unlock bootloader to put some KitKat ROMs on here, but I'm not sure how to do so. I know some Motorola firmware versions permalock the bootloader...is this the case with my device? Which piece of software do I use?<br />
<br />
I'm still new to the rooting/unlocking/modding aspect of Android (moving from Windows Phone) and your expert help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance for your replies!

You are very lucky to have found that phone.

Do NOT apply ANY OTA's, they will patch the boot loader unlock exploit.

First link I could find http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php?/t...!]#entry243175
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread