Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Phone bricked! Can someone point me to the right direction?

OP McMichael96

24th April 2014, 05:37 AM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

123 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

I hate to say it, but there isn't a single tutorial within our forum that states you need to run that RUU in order to get s-off, I know because I've read every single thread in our forum and am experienced with this device. The only mention of this RUU in regards to s-off is to avoid it if you're s-on, because clearly it bricks s-on devices.

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

What do you mean you did "something" with it? Did you even check your CID after supposedly resetting it? Your "if that's even possible" statement doesn't really instill much confidence that you really knew what you were doing at the time.

Sent from my Evita

Well I'm pretty sure it was reset but since you said the only way to fix it was through jtag repair, I figured it wasn't possible and what I read wasn't true (since you seem to be an active member and know what you're talking about)
24th April 2014, 05:40 AM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 7,541

15,517 posts
Donate to Me
More
I wouldn't suggest you even attempt doing a jtag repair unless you're already well versed in the process. In the US it should only cost you about $50 through xda user zarboz.

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

So you didn't actually check the CID after the attempt to reset it?

Sent from my Evita
24th April 2014, 05:44 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member

123 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa

I wouldn't suggest you even attempt doing a jtag repair unless you're already well versed in the process. In the US it should only cost you about $50 through xda user zarboz.

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

So you didn't actually check the CID after the attempt to reset it?

Sent from my Evita

I remember the CID said to be what it was supposed to be. I wouldn't have attempted the RUU if I wasn't for sure I was doing it exactly like the post said. I wish I could find the post, it's been a while since I've attempted this. The only reason I didn't really work on it after I bricked it was I got caught up in doing other things and I forgot about it.
24th April 2014, 05:51 AM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

15,517 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ok, well if your CID did indeed revert to the original CID there's no logical reason why the RUU would brick your phone. You could have just gotten very unlucky, it's very rare but an RUU can brick a device for seemingly no reason. Contact zarboz and enquire about him doing a jtag for you, he's a good guy. If you can find that post/thread though it'd be great, I'm very curious to see what it says.

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

When you get your phone back, hit me up in my help thread (in my signature) if you need to get anything done, I'm always happy to help.

Sent from my Evita
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member

123 posts
More
Alright thanks! I'm actually debating on if I should go through with this. $50 is a great price but it also has a crack in the screen and I was intending on eventually selling it.

I'm not sure if after getting it repaired via jtag and replacing the screen that it'll even be worth my time in the long run ha

But I'll keep this guy in mind, let's say my Galaxy S4 gets in a similar situation (gosh I hope not, I'll take more precautions from here on out) but incase it does can he repair all phone brands that need jtag-repaired?
24th April 2014, 07:32 AM   |  #16  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Melbourne

15,517 posts
Donate to Me
More
You'd have to ask him which models he supports, I'm not sure.

Sent from my Evita
24th April 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 17

63 posts
I'd suggest contacting HTC as well just in case. I had a QHSUSB_DLOAD brick & I called them and they fixed it for me. I know another user here who had similar results with a bricked device. I called and told them it cut off and wouldn't cut back on. They completely reset the phone, but all I had to pay for was shipping.

Sent from my One X

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread