Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,817 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] downgrade questions

Tip us?

chinitoblue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] downgrade questions

Hi

Noob here

If someone could shine a light here it would be appreciated.

I have an xperia z1 that I was happy with on jelly bean. The first buggy kit kat upgrade was not pushed to me by my Canadian carrier probably because of the issues. The supposed fixed kit kat did get pushed to my phone ota and I took it.

Short story it sucks. Still lots of bugs

I want to go back to the last jelly bean version 4.3

I read somewhere that I should not flash 4.3 but instead flash the previous version then upgrade to 4.3?

Do I need root to flash a compatible ftf to my phone?

If I do flash to an earlier version of jelly bean 4.2.2 I think? When I upgrade, will it skip the 4.3 and push me to kit kat again?

Thanks in advance

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3743
No root needed

Just find a FTF that you want that is compatable with your phone in the Mega Collection thread in the general section. Then flash it with flashtool

All instructions, files and downloads are in that thread

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinitoblue View Post
If I do flash to an earlier version of jelly bean 4.2.2 I think? When I upgrade, will it skip the 4.3 and push me to kit kat again?
If you flash 4.2.2, Yes, a notification will pup up of the latest version, but you don't have to flash the 4.2.2. Same when you will downgrade to 4.3, you will have the notification so you will have to disable that by hiding notification in Update Center App or disable that app permanently.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

chinitoblue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos View Post
If you flash 4.2.2, Yes, a notification will pup up of the latest version, but you don't have to flash the 4.2.2. Same when you will downgrade to 4.3, you will have the notification so you will have to disable that by hiding notification in Update Center App or disable that app permanently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
No root needed

Just find a FTF that you want that is compatable with your phone in the Mega Collection thread in the general section. Then flash it with flashtool

All instructions, files and downloads are in that thread
Thanks for the insight

I flashed a generic 290 jelly bean ftf to my phone
Though an update notification came up saying there is a 51.2mb update 14.2.a.1.136?
I don't remember getting this when I was on 290 jelly bean. the next update was the 2 kit kat versions

shem2409
Old
Thanks Meter 589

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinitoblue View Post
Thanks for the insight

I flashed a generic 290 jelly bean ftf to my phone
Though an update notification came up saying there is a 51.2mb update 14.2.a.1.136?
I don't remember getting this when I was on 290 jelly bean. the next update was the 2 kit kat versions
.136 is a newer Android 4.3 version. Then it goes to .681 and then the newest .757.

The easiest is to just flash .757 with Flashtool:

chinitoblue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shem2409 View Post
.136 is a newer Android 4.3 version. Then it goes to .681 and then the newest .757.

The easiest is to just flash .757 with Flashtool:
I was on 757 but too many bugs on my phone
battery drain, weird crackling sound from speakers with ringtones and notifications, practically inaudible call volume person can hear me but I can barely hear them even with all volume settings maxed out

there are probably more but just those above made me flash to a jelly bean firmware