FORUMS

How a HTC Droid Eris Changed a Members Life

Rarely can a member say that Android development or XDA had a profound effect on … more

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Get Dust Out of Speaker Holes?

24th April 2014, 08:55 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Does anyone have a good method of cleaning out the tiny holes for the speakers? I have a few filled up with particulate and was wondering on the best way to clean them out.
 
 
24th April 2014, 09:57 PM |#2  
mentallo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
A pin maybe? Or a little vacuum for keyboards?

Sent from HTC One M8 with an app
24th April 2014, 10:05 PM |#3  
frow86's Avatar
Member
Flag Colo, Ia
Thanks Meter: 15
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peters64

Does anyone have a good method of cleaning out the tiny holes for the speakers? I have a few filled up with particulate and was wondering on the best way to clean them out.

I work in a machining environment, we have renishaw cleaning tack (its for CMM probe tips). Works great, I pull metal shaving out of mine daily
24th April 2014, 10:10 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frow86

I work in a machining environment, we have renishaw cleaning tack (its for CMM probe tips). Works great, I pull metal shaving out of mine daily

This is exactly what i was thinking, good to know it does work. Thanks!
24th April 2014, 10:15 PM |#5  
frow86's Avatar
Member
Flag Colo, Ia
Thanks Meter: 15
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peters64

This is exactly what i was thinking, good to know it does work. Thanks!

No problem, only thing is dont get on you screen protector. pulled on a corner on my zagg.
24th April 2014, 10:41 PM |#6  
85gallon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag BFE
Thanks Meter: 679
 
More
Also note that not all holes go all the way through.

If you look close, a little less than half of the holes(on right side) on both the upper and lower grills are merely cosmetic and don't go all of the way through.
24th April 2014, 11:35 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85gallon

Also note that not all holes go all the way through.

If you look close, a little less than half of the holes(on right side) on both the upper and lower grills are merely cosmetic and don't go all of the way through.

I was asking about this on another thread. Thanks just cosmetic lol.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon One (M8) Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank