[ROM][GT-I9300][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies

Search This thread

victor_neves

Jan 7, 2013
But snapchat video camerw records for almost 1 second only. How did you manage to fix this?

Also guys anyone noticed that in the latest nightlies, the 2G/3G toggle does not work like before, as in the 2G does not actually force 2G signal, it is acting similar to the automatic mode. Is this a bug that can be fixed? Thank you.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

This happens because of bit rate and image quality. Go to snapchat's video settings and set the quality to low.

JHilderbrando

Dec 19, 2012
Hey all,

As of today I can't hear the receiving caller when I dial out or the other person when getting a call.

I've tried the screen lock sound on and off that used to resolve but still not working.

Anyone getting the same?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

JHilderbrando

Dec 19, 2012
Can anyone advise on modems for i9300 on latest nightly T-Mobile UK.

This is my baseband, any point in updating it? Feel I Dont get connected that quickly and HSDPA always seems to get locked up.

Thanks

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398375377093.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398375377093.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 393

f0xy

Aug 23, 2010
Manchester
I use xxelkb it isn't too bad for me, I'm on T-Mobile UK from Bolton, Manchester

Be careful it you wish to preserve your efs v1 etc

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

cornelha

Dec 14, 2007
Cape Town
still getting problems with the notification bar causing systemUI crashes and reboots on 24/4

I had this happen a few times, switched from c-rom to CM11 Nightly 24 and it happened again. At 1st I thought this was an issue with the 9gag app, good to know it's a rom issue. I also noticed it happened much less when closing all open apps, so it's definitely a low memory issue.

Moster2

Apr 20, 2012
Can anyone advise on modems for i9300 on latest nightly T-Mobile UK.

This is my baseband, any point in updating it? Feel I Dont get connected that quickly and HSDPA always seems to get locked up.

Thanks

What I did is installing the latest firmware for my provider+region and then went back to cm. Everything is fine.

Reactions: JHilderbrando

Moster2

Apr 20, 2012
How does the Google Camera function on CM atm? Earlier the camera FC'd when trying to open settings, but saw that Omni merged a fix for it, which works well, and wonder if the same fix is present here?

The gerrit commit: https://gerrit.omnirom.org/#/c/6842/

Settings have been working for days already, since ricardo pushed this directly to github https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/3de122f91108b3aec9db6eb26141f1ad080c0451

Unfortunately the camera crashes when switching from video to picture or vice versa (at least for me). Logcat does not say much, except that it might crash during some autofocus stuff.

Moster2

Apr 20, 2012
Reactions: Tuxi1990

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Note :
    We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
    - are running a custom kernel
    - have flashed mods
    - modified system files
    - didn't follow our intructions word by word
    - are unfriendly

Even if you tell us that your problem is not related to your custom kernel /mod / magic => WE DON'T CARE!
    Your mod => your problem!

FAQ (Read before post !!)
    - If you obtain Error 7 when you tried to install ROM in CWM or TWRP
    Install the latest version of CMW or TWRP​
    - If you have a problem with Wi-Fi
    Try this patch to fix Wifi​
    - If you have "can't connect to the camera" error :
    Try to flash this patch.​
    - If you have another bug/problem
    Look at Known Issues. Before post Perform a full wipe and see if your bug/problem is resolved.​
    - What's the version of mali drivers ?
    CM11 use r3p2 drivers, so you should use kernel with r3p2 blobs​
    Wiki
    Official CyanogenMod Wiki for i9300 : http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/I9300_Info

Instructions
    If you come from another ROM :
    - Make sure you run CWM or TWRP recovery. Follow instructions in the specific threads on XDA.
    - Download the zip (see Downloads)
    - Download Gapps (PA gapps for example)
    - Install the update zip from recovery
    - Install gapps
    - WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy !

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 11:
    - Copy CM11 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM11 zip from SDCard
    - Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10/10.1/10.2:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Copy GApps and CM11 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM11 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - Wipe data, we're not sure if everything will work yet.
    - Reboot

Downloads
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=i9300

Changelog
    http://www.cmxlog.com/11/i9300/

Known Issues
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Known_Issues_page_for_i9300

Screenshots
    You can see screenshots here

Quick Review : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NkBO2Cj5YY

Credits
    CyanogenMod Team
    savadam for the videos

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    MmegaMac, CyanogenMod Team
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Firmware Required: CWM or TWRP

Version Information

Created 2013-12-28
    Last Updated 2014-11-22
    General notice

Folks, this thread is really going downhill at the moment. I am aware that the UI freezes are a major PITA but please refrain from posting random garbage which has already discussed. I want to keep this brief, so please keep this in mind:
    • If you feel the urge to share a "new finding", use the search function to check if it's really that new. Most of the time it's not.
    • The issues are not launcher dependent
    • A commit mentioning "new UI theming" in its title is not necessarily a fix. Take at least the time to click on the commit in question and try to understand what it is changing. If you don't understand it, don't post.
    • If you feel that CM is doing a lousy job, move to a ROM that's doing better. It's a free world. But don't whine or, worse yet, insult anyone.

And while we're there, some more general rules:
    • Never just talk of "the latest nightly", specify its version or don't post.
    • If you are new to this thread, don't start posting right away but read the past few pages first.
    • Thank people using the Thanks button, don't spell it out in yet another senseless post.
    • Be patient, things will come along in time.

I'm sorry for these direct words, it's not usually my style, but I'm slowly getting annoyed by the amount of noise in this thread.
    thanks for Great Work im Going to Test... A Question You are telling us there is no problem in this rom with none known issue ?????

I have not found issue yet. But if you find one, thank you for report it to me

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Kernel update for latest nightly !!!

Hi all,

apparently, CM team did significant changes to the initramfs / telephony framework in Nighly of 04.03.2014.
    This breaks all custom kernels currently with the known error messages straight after start.

I do not know if this is by accident or intended, we will see in the next betas.

Just for the folks using my Boeffla-Kernel: There is an update called 2.2-beta5a that works with the latest nightly again.

Andi
    Tip

On 1st boot up after flashing a new rom update, if you get multiple FCs, do a reboot immediately.

This is because multi core dex-opt process was incomplete. By rebooting, it should complete it's dex-opt process and u should be fine.