Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] VS980 + de-odexed + 4.4.2 = No Animated Weather?

OP jdsabin1

24th April 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I went ahead and updated to the Malladus 2.0.2 ROM (as well as LG Apps and gapps ROMs). Love the phone more now but noticed that the Animated Weather on the lockscreen isn't working. I assume that's the de-odexed working as it should but the geek in me really liked that feature.

Anyone know how to get that back or know of a lock screen app that does something similar?

Many thanks,

Jeff
24th April 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 817

3,034 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsabin1

I went ahead and updated to the Malladus 2.0.2 ROM (as well as LG Apps and gapps ROMs). Love the phone more now but noticed that the Animated Weather on the lockscreen isn't working. I assume that's the de-odexed working as it should but the geek in me really liked that feature.

Anyone know how to get that back or know of a lock screen app that does something similar?

Many thanks,

Jeff

I noticed the same thing, I think they just stripped out whatever .apk/files are needed for it to work.
24th April 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #3  
Flag Stockton
Thanks Meter: 203

409 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsabin1

Many thanks,

Jeff

Malladus 2.0.2 is not a deodexed Rom. If you look in app, framework, and priv-app folders, you will see that all the apks that are normally odexed are still odexed.
25th April 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Thanks guys - I will look further into why after updating this ROM the animated weather seems to have stopped working.
25th April 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #5  
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 817

3,034 posts
Donate to Me
More
I would all the dev if he removed it to save space..

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread