Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 52,767 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] VS980 + de-odexed + 4.4.2 = No Animated Weather?

Tip us?

jdsabin1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] VS980 + de-odexed + 4.4.2 = No Animated Weather?

I went ahead and updated to the Malladus 2.0.2 ROM (as well as LG Apps and gapps ROMs). Love the phone more now but noticed that the Animated Weather on the lockscreen isn't working. I assume that's the de-odexed working as it should but the geek in me really liked that feature.

Anyone know how to get that back or know of a lock screen app that does something similar?

Many thanks,

Jeff

mjones73
Old
Thanks Meter 765

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsabin1 View Post
I went ahead and updated to the Malladus 2.0.2 ROM (as well as LG Apps and gapps ROMs). Love the phone more now but noticed that the Animated Weather on the lockscreen isn't working. I assume that's the de-odexed working as it should but the geek in me really liked that feature.

Anyone know how to get that back or know of a lock screen app that does something similar?

Many thanks,

Jeff
I noticed the same thing, I think they just stripped out whatever .apk/files are needed for it to work.
Matt
LG G2 - VS980 - Root Stock - G2 Tweakbox
HTC Rezound - S-Off - Retired

bouchigo
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsabin1 View Post

Many thanks,

Jeff
Malladus 2.0.2 is not a deodexed Rom. If you look in app, framework, and priv-app folders, you will see that all the apks that are normally odexed are still odexed.
Current Phone: LG G2 - Self-built Shadow Rom KK4.4.2
Current Tablet(s): Nexus 7 16GB (2012) - CM10.1.3, Nexus 7 32GB (2013) Stock, rooted, and unlocked
Retired Phone(s): Droid X, Galaxy Nexus, SGS3
Retired Tablet(s): HP Touchpad

jdsabin1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks guys - I will look further into why after updating this ROM the animated weather seems to have stopped working.

mjones73
Old
Thanks Meter 765

DONATE TO ME
I would all the dev if he removed it to save space..

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Matt
LG G2 - VS980 - Root Stock - G2 Tweakbox
HTC Rezound - S-Off - Retired