Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,442 Members 40,002 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rooted stock rom?

Tip us?

Chrisw_2003
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Rooted stock rom?

I've been trying to find a stock rooted rom that I can use so I won't trip Knox. Does one exist? I don't care about fancy stuff, the stock rom works for what I do, I just want to use my titanium to freeze a few apps and run my hot spot app to get around the tmo tether cap.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nexx2014
Old
Thanks Meter 24
How about doing the "Root de la Vega" it doesn't trip Knox. At least that's what I saw when I first wanted to root. I on the other hand just rooted the other way and tripped Knox I really didn't care lol. But look it up to see if it will work for you.

stevessvt
Old
Thanks Meter 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexx2014 View Post
How about doing the "Root de la Vega" it doesn't trip Knox. At least that's what I saw when I first wanted to root. I on the other hand just rooted the other way and tripped Knox I really didn't care lol. But look it up to see if it will work for you.
Not entirely true, it doesnt trip it if your still on 4.3. If your on 4.4.2 there isnt any way of not tripping KNOX when rooting.

I know in my Note 2/S4 days mrRobinson used to make prerooted stock roms. Not sure if its even possible any more.

nexx2014
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevessvt View Post
Not entirely true, it doesnt trip it if your still on 4.3. If your on 4.4.2 there isnt any way of not tripping KNOX when rooting.

I know in my Note 2/S4 days mrRobinson used to make prerooted stock roms. Not sure if its even possible any more.
Oh okay. Well that's good to know, since I haven't looked into rooting since way back when I did it. But even then flashing a ROM trips it anyways also.

Chrisw_2003
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I went and got mobile Odin pro as it said it can root the rom while it's being flashed. And than read that the phone has to be rooted to install it. Thanks for the replies. If I can't find something in the next 2 weeks I'll start searching custom roms for something stockish.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app