[KERNEL][CWM/TWRP][CM12][15/03]Kernel for AOSP ROMs with synapse support

Search This thread

Resync

Jan 28, 2013
Xiaomi Pad 6
Is it me or the new update totally screwed over the battery life? 20minutes of screen on + wifi = 15% battery (brand new battery)...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

It's you (^o^) uploadfromtaptalk1398368701694.jpg

corvus.corax

Jul 1, 2013
Athens
Does anyone know how to change the GPS ntp.pool server in synapse? whatever i type in the field is gone again after close/open of the App. I have not found a way to confim a setting to europe.....

you directly edit the file
/etc/gps.conf
Use root browser to edit it and that will handle the permissions to allow you save the revised do file.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
Um......wow......
Lovin the headphone volume boost......that in combo with viper4android.......awesome

Sent from my Markox powered KitKatted S2

Reactions: Hopper8

Hopper8

Sep 17, 2012
Wierd.. 26minutes screen on...

Hoping you guys can help me with that...

Nope, not at all, it is still about kernel. But never mind, I'll just figure it out myself.

From the (limited) information you've given, it looks like your mediascanner is stuck on. Check it by leaving your phone idle for 10 minutes. Then check BBS and see. If it is stuck on, check @hawaiisteve posts to see what he did for it. Else, check the FAQ in SlimSaber thread first posts for common solutions.

Reactions: Sun90

089man

Sep 25, 2012
you directly edit the file
/etc/gps.conf
Use root browser to edit it and that will handle the permissions to allow you save the revised do file.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

The best way to set gps is the free app fastergps from playstore. Here you set your country and region and in synapse it's fine forever..
apepagy5.jpg

ju4etaty.jpg

I9100 Tapatalk 4, C-Rom 4.4. 2

Last edited:

corvus.corax

Jul 1, 2013
Athens
The best way to set gps is the free app fastergps from playstore. Here you set your country and region and in synapse it's fine forever..
apepagy5.jpg

ju4etaty.jpg

I9100 Tapatalk 4, C-Rom 4.4. 2

Yes, that app works and is a good one. However, it only puts the first, basic line into the gps.conf file
NTP_SERVER=gr.pool.ntp.org (gr is for is my country Greece)

But you can expand it like this. Somewhere on XDA is a thread from which you can download it, but I can't find it now.

NTP_SERVER=gr.pool.ntp.org
XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
SUPL_PORT=7276

If you want to go deeper and try to get better GPS, check out this thread. There is a lot more info you can have in the gps.conf file. The developer seems to have made it more "universal".It appears to take advantage of aGPS and different servers. If you read the gps.conf file he has built, it has lots of comments and explanations in it.

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/them...y-s-ii-3-1-2-2-to-rapid-t1447599/post21445390
(Google Specific No-SSL v3.1 build is recommended)

Anyway, it can't hurt to try. Back up your current gps.conf file first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sun90 and 089man

aca89

Oct 6, 2009
Redmi K20 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I'm also posting here 'cause I'm not sure if it's kernel related, maybe someone already solved the problem. And yes I have searched.

I have annoying problem, here's what's happening. I flashed slimsaber JB edition (for me it's a perfect balance between battery and latest sw) and occasionally I completely lose signal AFTER a reboot. When I enter 'settings - about - status' it states that I have unknown baseband, no imei, I'm out of service. I can fix it if I turn of the phone and take out the battery. I don't understand why this is happening.

Before this I was using neatrom lite. Here's how I installed it (official instructions from slim website).
Flashed cm10.2 compatible recovery (tar version via Odin), booted cm10.2, entered recovery, wiped data, formated system, flashed latest slimsaber jb edition posted in op together with slim gapps, flashed Gustavo's kernel.

killar_aka_arabu

Feb 18, 2012
Chisinau
I'm also posting here 'cause I'm not sure if it's kernel related, maybe someone already solved the problem. And yes I have searched.

I have annoying problem, here's what's happening. I flashed slimsaber JB edition (for me it's a perfect balance between battery and latest sw) and occasionally I completely lose signal AFTER a reboot. When I enter 'settings - about - status' it states that I have unknown baseband, no imei, I'm out of service. I can fix it if I turn of the phone and take out the battery. I don't understand why this is happening.

Before this I was using neatrom lite. Here's how I installed it (official instructions from slim website).
Flashed cm10.2 compatible recovery (tar version via Odin), booted cm10.2, entered recovery, wiped data, formated system, flashed latest slimsaber jb edition posted in op together with slim gapps, flashed Gustavo's kernel.

also had this problem with JB rom, no network, no baseband, no imei... firstly, I thought than my EFS folder is corrpupted, restored it many many times, but not everytime it works.
after that i have changem my modem, from LS8 to MUGLD3, and after that, this not ever happens to me.

here is a link to modem, just flash via CMW - Link

P.S. Gustavo_S, sorry for off-topic, i cant not help people if i had experience with problems :)

GOOD LUCK!!!

Reactions: aca89

zazzaixx

May 16, 2013
Ho Chi Minh

+1
sometime I lost my signal on C-rom v6.1, but after reboot again everything work well :)

Reactions: csmarino90

Top Liked Posts