FORUMS

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Porting ROMS

548 posts
Thanks Meter: 52
 
By David522d, Senior Member on 21st April 2014, 02:36 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Now I'm not talking trash or causing drama but I see a lot of of ROMS being cooked up in the m8 forums. Will these be ported over?!
I'm just excited to flash flash flash!
 
 
21st April 2014, 02:42 PM |#2  
andybones's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 11,135
 
Donate to Me
More
Even though yes they are the same phone.
Porting ROMs can be difficult as some are GSM based and we are CDMA, so sure could port it easily but getting RIL (data/calls) to work is a diff story.
although if you look some ROMs state they are for ALL variants such as this one
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2694917
Insert Coin ROM is Verizon as well I believe
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2704539
Last edited by andybones; 21st April 2014 at 03:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to andybones For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2014, 04:12 PM |#3  
wtoj34's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 164
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones

Even though yes they are the same phone.
Porting ROMs can be difficult as some are GSM based and we are CDMA, so sure could port it easily but getting RIL (data/calls) to work is a diff story.
although if you look some ROMs state they are for ALL variants such as this one
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2694917
Insert Coin ROM is Verizon as well I believe
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2704539

I wouldn't try android revolution on Verizon. It says in the op "not currently supported for sprint and Verizon". Not sure if he's referring to the fact that it doesn't work, or he is saying that it works but he won't currently fix those variants.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
21st April 2014, 04:16 PM |#4  
andybones's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 11,135
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtoj34

I wouldn't try android revolution on Verizon. It says in the op "not currently supported for sprint and Verizon". Not sure if he's referring to the fact that it doesn't work, or he is saying that it works but he won't currently fix those variants.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Thank you for this.
I just saw all Variants and assumed.

@OP, sorry.
21st April 2014, 04:22 PM |#5  
David522d's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Ah ok.
Again I'm not tryin to be annoying or pushy but do you assume more ROMS will be pumped out for this lovely device
22nd April 2014, 01:05 AM |#6  
Member
Flag Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by David522d

Ah ok.
Again I'm not tryin to be annoying or pushy but do you assume more ROMS will be pumped out for this lovely device

Just wait for CM. They typically standardize a lot of things on the hardware end and make porting and ROMing in general much easier

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
22nd April 2014, 01:59 AM |#7  
trook's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wildomar Ca
Thanks Meter: 139
 
More
There will be plenty of Roms for this phone. Just be patient, it is an art after all.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to trook For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2014, 08:42 PM |#8  
Member
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trook

There will be plenty of Roms for this phone. Just be patient, it is an art after all.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using xda app-developers app

Unless its Davlink.

I'll see myself out.
The Following User Says Thank You to jshap70 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2014, 09:27 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 313
 
More
If you're going to make a joke at least use the right word.... Dalvik.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JasonJoel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2014, 01:58 AM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtoj34

I wouldn't try android revolution on Verizon. It says in the op "not currently supported for sprint and Verizon". Not sure if he's referring to the fact that it doesn't work, or he is saying that it works but he won't currently fix those variants.

Yeah, the part that doesn't work (5.0) on Verizon M8's is the radio -- no CDMA/3G/4G support on Verizon phones. (Three guesses how I found that out ...)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes