Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,281 Members 51,252 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] cwm on broken emmc

Tip us?
 
eungholee2
Old
(Last edited by eungholee2; 23rd April 2014 at 04:23 PM.)
#11  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 68
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
By no go, what do you mean? The zip failed or there was no improvement?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
First time around there was no improvement. Now I'm just getting Status 7 errors.
edit: redownloaded all the files again just to make sure.
 
eungholee2
Old
#12  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 68
Join Date: Apr 2011
nothing changed. running CM7.2 stable.
 
eungholee2
Old
#13  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 68
Join Date: Apr 2011
Also tried installing Stock 1.2 with the stock bootloader, still would not boot.
 
leapinlar
Old
#14  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,613
Posts: 8,228
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eungholee2 View Post
First time around there was no improvement. Now I'm just getting Status 7 errors.
edit: redownloaded all the files again just to make sure.
When a status 7 occurs it has text saying what the error is. What was it?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

And to answer your original question, the u-boot.bin that that user modified was a very early version and had no boot menu. That is why you cannot boot to the alternate CWM from my thread.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
 
eungholee2
Old
(Last edited by eungholee2; 23rd April 2014 at 04:56 PM.)
#15  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 68
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
When a status 7 occurs it has text saying what the error is. What was it?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

And to answer your original question, the u-boot.bin that that user modified was a very early version and had no boot menu. That is why you cannot boot to the alternate CWM from my thread.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
Assert failed? A reboot fixed it (I ran the repair partitions zips and forgot to reboot).
just saw the second part, thanks.
 
leapinlar
Old
(Last edited by leapinlar; 23rd April 2014 at 08:57 PM.)
#16  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,613
Posts: 8,228
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eungholee2 View Post
Assert failed? A reboot fixed it (I ran the repair partitions zips and forgot to reboot).
just saw the second part, thanks.
Which assert? The one about /factory? You need to be a little more specific so I can diagnose and maybe help repair your device.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
 
eungholee2
Old
#17  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 68
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
Which assert? The one about /factory? You need to be a little more specific so I can diagnose and maybe help repair your device.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
I haven't been able to replicate it. Maybe it was just a one time thing before the reboot applied the new partition table.
 
leapinlar
Old
#18  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,613
Posts: 8,228
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eungholee2 View Post
I haven't been able to replicate it. Maybe it was just a one time thing before the reboot applied the new partition table.
So, is your device ok now?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
 
eungholee2
Old
#19  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 68
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
So, is your device ok now?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
Still won't boot properly. Black screen on boot without sd.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


MultiROM Ported to the Moto E

Few categoriesof Android development are as intrinsically interestingas the ability to boot into multiple … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: How to Control Google Play Wake Locks – XDA Developer TV

Xposed Modules are usually pretty simple. There are a few … more

Make Text Entry More Efficient with Macro Text Expansion

One of the best things about the modern day smartphone is its ability to save us … more

Fix KitKat WiFi Drops on Your Own

Despite introducing many useful features and overall great performance and enhancements,Android 4.4 KitKat … more