Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,725 Members 37,776 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock Rom

Tip us?

krazylary
Old
(Last edited by krazylary; 23rd April 2014 at 08:03 PM.) Reason: add link
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default Stock Rom

This is a complete stock ROM for SM-G900V.

the file name is.
ALL_VZW_G900VVRU1ANCG_G900VVZW1ANCG_964333_REV00_u ser_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5

I am uploading it now will provide a link once it is done.

Here is the link I am sorry I passed out last night and forgot.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/16...I_CERT.tar.md5
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to krazylary For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

waleed300
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Exclamation Root Bounty

Thanks for the post Lary, it is much appreciated, just to let you know, we have created a bounty/thread at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2728051 for any person(s) who are able to find an exploit and successfully achieve a root method!
There needs to be a Cell Phone Addicts Anonymous group, I get the itch to buy every new phone that comes out, and I do (minus the fruit phone)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to waleed300 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

das7982
Old
(Last edited by das7982; 26th April 2014 at 06:53 PM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 285

DONATE TO ME
[QUOTE=krazylary;52122441]This is a complete stock ROM for SM-G900V.

the file name is.
ALL_VZW_G900VVRU1ANCG_G900VVZW1ANCG_964333_REV00_u ser_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5

open1your1eyes0
Old
Thanks Meter 3,266

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by das7982 View Post
I'm going to try something.... going to see if i can unpack this .tar ball and insert SU binary then repack the tar ball with no stock checksum. So hurry up and upload this so i can tinker
You can actually grab the same here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714516

I wouldn't waste too much time on it though. This has been tried on the S4 and Note 3 and as soon as you modify the system.img it no longer allows to flash due to Samsung's signature checks in bootloader.

n2ishun
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Whip up a new checksum and try that too.

If I still had a *nix box I would be all over this.....unfortunately I'm down to 1 pathetic 'puter at the moment.
Samsung A680>Samsung Blade A900>Sony TM506>Samsung Vibrant T959>HTC Evo4g>HTC Evo3D>Motorola Photon>Galaxy Nexus>Galaxy S5 (couple missing from there, oh well)
The Following User Says Thank You to n2ishun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blulite
Old
Thanks Meter 154

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by das7982 View Post
I'm going to try something.... going to see if i can unpack this .tar ball and insert SU binary then repack the tar ball with no stock checksum. So hurry up and upload this so i can tinker
Will not work, already tried with a patch from Chainfire. It's the reason At and Verizon can't use his patch. Both models use a Samsung key for the tarball, it loads in odin, fails in the end, then leaves the phone in unbeatable state. Requires a load of stock firmware to get going sgain. Too bad, we need a runtime exploit for root.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

spinwizard
Old
Thanks Meter 45

DONATE TO ME
Default Delvik v ART

Quote:
Originally Posted by blulite View Post
Will not work, already tried with a patch from Chainfire. It's the reason At and Verizon can't use his patch. Both models use a Samsung key for the tarball, it loads in odin, fails in the end, then leaves the phone in unbeatable state. Requires a load of stock firmware to get going sgain. Too bad, we need a runtime exploit for root.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
If you go into developer options, you can select runtime system. When ART is selected, your Samsung boot screen has a open lock on it. That is a runtime exploit. I don't know what it does, but maybe that's an avenue to approach. Maybe some senior dev could explain the differences and if it could be used. Just asking. TIA
WE HAVE ROOT! Thanks to Geohot & Co.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________
Thank those who help you and contribute to the guys whose work you use. It keeps the updates coming!

kuronosan
Old
(Last edited by kuronosan; 24th April 2014 at 06:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 400
Has anyone tried inserting an exploit when the system is switched from Dalvik to ART?

Surely there must be a way to take advantage of this since Samsung considers the phone to be "custom" when you switch (boot splash changes and everything).

I bet if there's an exploit, it has to do with that.

Excerpt from initial boot:

Quote:
D/QSEECOMAPI: ( 470): Loaded image: APP id = 3

D/HDCP2 ( 470): Loading app is succeded

D/HDCP2 ( 470): HDCP_INIT: pass

D/HDCP2 ( 470): HDCP2.1 Factory Loaded

W/linker ( 364): libarccamera.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and is a security risk. Please fix.
Quote:
W/linker ( 379): libmmcamera_faceproc.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and is a security risk. Please fix.
Quote:
W/linker ( 364): lib_Samsung_AudioZoom_v100.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and is a security risk. Please fix.
Quote:
W/linker ( 364): lib_SoundAlive_play_ver125d.so has text relocations. This is wasting memory and is a security risk. Please fix.
Also this potentially useful gem:

Quote:
D/QSEECOMAPI: ( 431): QSEECom_register_listener 12288 sb_length = 0x5000

I/bootchecker( 418): ART booting... skip bootchecking!!

D/QSEECOMD: ( 431): Init ssd_start ret = 0
Here's the interesting part, in Download mode I don't see a KNOX counter at all. I'm not familiar with new devices, but this is what my screen says:

Quote:
ODIN MODE
PRODUCT: SM-G900V
CURRENT BINARY: SAMSUNG OFFICIAL
SYSTEM STATUS: CUSTOM
REACTIVATION LOCK(KK): OFF
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
RP SWREV: S1, T1, R1, A1, P1
UDC START
Now, I may be crazy but I'm pretty sure the S4 and N3 both have a Knox counter in Download even if you haven't done anything to it yet. But maybe I'm just nuts.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kuronosan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kprice8
Old
(Last edited by kprice8; 24th April 2014 at 07:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 196
I think you may be on to something here.. With all the code I see, it looks like certain booting processes and such have changed....ART stands for 'Android Runtime' and is experimental to 4.4.2 ... Sounds like experimental, may be a key to getting root......
The Following User Says Thank You to kprice8 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

das7982
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 285

DONATE TO ME
Kuronosan you should tell chainfire or Jcase about this

Follow Me @Bash_array

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to das7982 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]