Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Device Status

OP jereyeap

24th April 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Hey guys! I have a quick question over here. After I have rooted my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) International LTE model, I've found out these two things:

1. Previously, after I root my phone and keep my stock recovery, my device status show "Custom" no matter what I do with it.

2. Right now, after I root my phone and flash a custom recovery: CWM, my device status show "Official".

Can anyone help me to understand why this would happen? Thanks!!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
24th April 2014, 12:23 PM   |  #2  
jetbruceli's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bamberg, Germany
Thanks Meter: 455
 
2,514 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jereyeap

Hey guys! I have a quick question over here. After I have rooted my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) International LTE model, I've found out these two things:

1. Previously, after I root my phone and keep my stock recovery, my device status show "Custom" no matter what I do with it.

2. Right now, after I root my phone and flash a custom recovery: CWM, my device status show "Official".

Can anyone help me to understand why this would happen? Thanks!!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Are you using a custom root rom? Most have it normalized or you can use xposed to make it official too.


dont forget the thanks button if I helped out!!
24th April 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #3  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,320
 
8,991 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jereyeap

Hey guys! I have a quick question over here. After I have rooted my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) International LTE model, I've found out these two things:

1. Previously, after I root my phone and keep my stock recovery, my device status show "Custom" no matter what I do with it.

2. Right now, after I root my phone and flash a custom recovery: CWM, my device status show "Official".

Can anyone help me to understand why this would happen? Thanks!!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

That doesn`t matter as the KNOX warranty void is tripped anyway, unless you rooted with Root de la Vega while you had a JB rom. You can also use Triangle Away to reset the staus.
24th April 2014, 01:05 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbruceli

Are you using a custom root rom? Most have it normalized or you can use xposed to make it official too.


dont forget the thanks button if I helped out!!

Hey! I'm actually using stock rom. Problem is that, previously, I've already rooted but without flashing the custom recovery, it appears that my device status is custom and I couldn't change it using any Xposed modules. But, this time, because I have a CWM recovery in my phone, and the Xposed modules work. My question is, is it because of the custom recovery, so, the device status now shows official?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
25th April 2014, 03:54 AM   |  #5  
ultramag69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 581
 
4,483 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jereyeap

Hey! I'm actually using stock rom. Problem is that, previously, I've already rooted but without flashing the custom recovery, it appears that my device status is custom and I couldn't change it using any Xposed modules. But, this time, because I have a CWM recovery in my phone, and the Xposed modules work. My question is, is it because of the custom recovery, so, the device status now shows official?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

No, Xposed works on any rooted phone whether having custom recovery or not....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes