Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

use s5 to open

OP anthonyss89

24th April 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
is it possible to use the s5 to open my garage door or my gate
24th April 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #2  
Flag Logandale
Thanks Meter: 6

23 posts
More
Yes, it's possible. Do an internet search on how to build a WiFi garage door opener. I thought about building one, but you have to be on the same WiFi as the garage WiFi door circuit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using xda app-developers app
24th April 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob306

Yes, it's possible. Do an internet search on how to build a WiFi garage door opener. I thought about building one, but you have to be on the same WiFi as the garage WiFi door circuit.

ahhh cool thanks but i was hoping for using the IR on the s5 to do it ?
24th April 2014, 05:04 AM   |  #4  

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyss89

ahhh cool thanks but i was hoping for using the IR on the s5 to do it ?

Garage door openers use RF, not IR for their remotes. That isn't happening.

I personally use Chamberlain's MyQ system to open my garage door via my cell phone.
24th April 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

92 posts
MyQ is now free, it is no longer an annual fee to use the service. Rather than make it open access with port fwding they decided to just make it free. If you looked at this option 4 years ago when it came out on the market. it was 99 year i think. I quickly passed at that option. Its also very possible to use a contact closer switch via X-10 stuff but not quite as simply as using an app for that garage door is it
24th April 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #6  
Account currently disabled
D.K
Thanks Meter: 12

238 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob306

Really..!! s5 open my door ? How it possible ? Step by step solution please
25th April 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #7  
Flag Oakland
Thanks Meter: 72

429 posts
More
you could do ir by simply getting a ir kit and connecting to a relay and then to your wall switch.

another way is connection through a home alarm system with a relay module.

another way could be through your ocmputer with a network relay switch wired to the wall switch of your garage door.

another probably simplest way would be with an IOBridge and the app available in the app store. This way you could actually open the door if you were on the wifi or on your phones data. so you could even open/close the door from elsewhere. Ive done this for office building access doors.
25th April 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #8  
Account currently disabled
D.K
Thanks Meter: 12

238 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillithz

you could do ir by simply getting a ir kit and connecting to a relay and then to your wall switch.

another way is connection through a home alarm system with a relay module.

another way could be through your ocmputer with a network relay switch wired to the wall switch of your garage door.

another probably simplest way would be with an IOBridge and the app available in the app store. This way you could actually open the door if you were on the wifi or on your phones data. so you could even open/close the door from elsewhere. Ive done this for office building access doors.

Thanks tillithz.. I see your tips. I hope it will works..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread