Power off the screen widget WITHOUT root.

Search This thread

crazeco

Oct 8, 2011
So my big gripe with the M8 was always having to hit the power button to turn the screen off - and I hate the power button location. It's hard to hit.

I was told to root the device, install gravity box so I can double tap the status bar and turn the screen off.

Thanks to a recommendation by jadaress1, this app fixes the problem entirely:

Screen Off and Lock: [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.katecca.screenofflock]Screen Off and Lock[/URL]

I put an icon right next to where my thumb rests on the main screen. A quick tap turns it right off without any reaching needed at all. What a lifesaver.

JVyLFOheB8t1RkF7P9MbU7XZkAq2A3gw6DfWXixy_QvuJCrlOl2Y06sBaygHDd0t6SQ=h900-rw

Last edited:

tnez

Dec 30, 2010
So what's the name of the app?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Tdeljr

Oct 16, 2010
Google Pixel 6
It's called screen off and lock. It's in the play store, I've been using it on all my phone's and it works perfectly.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: renn9420

Android-hotness

Dec 16, 2010
Thank you. That app is awesome. With go Launcher I set double tab to call that app. So now double will turn on or off the screen.

Sent from my SGH-T889 hot! PhoTab

doroyce05

Nov 29, 2010
I use lock screen by wongqi . It it's much easier to install if you don't want to use it. It is also very straight forward. Tap the app then the phone goes to lock screen mode.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

jadaress1

Nov 22, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
With the screen on and off lock all you need to do is swipe up fron the onscreen home button and itll give u the option of launching Google or switching screen off, love it on my m8, i double tap screen to switch on and swipe up to switch off, havent used the power button in ages :p

Tdeljr

Oct 16, 2010
Google Pixel 6
With the screen on and off lock all you need to do is swipe up fron the onscreen home button and itll give u the option of launching Google or switching screen off, love it on my m8, i double tap screen to switch on and swipe up to switch off, havent used the power button in ages :p

That's what I've been doing.

PopArtist

Feb 10, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I've been using Knock Lock - you can set an empty area of any width and/or height on your home screen (even if you are widgeted out there you can select space between widgets too) to respond to a double tap to lock the phone and turn off screen. Working well for me and I like it works the same as waking the phone up.

Reactions: renn9420

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's called screen off and lock. It's in the play store, I've been using it on all my phone's and it works perfectly.

I've been using Knock Lock - you can set an empty area of any width and/or height on your home screen (even if you are widgeted out there you can select space between widgets too) to respond to a double tap to lock the phone and turn off screen. Working well for me and I like it works the same as waking the phone up.
    I use Nova Prime along with screen off and I can double tap and turn screen off