FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

Warranty questions (stuck pixel)

1,420 posts
Thanks Meter: 371
 
By markdapimp, Senior Member on 24th April 2014, 05:54 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My camera has pink thint in dark low lit areas and I have 1 stuck pixel near the left middle near the bezel. The stuck pixel color is white and I'm wondering if HTC will repair it or replace the screen? I already tried running unstuck pixel apps for like 2 hours now still nothing

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
 
 
24th April 2014, 12:23 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,094
 
More
Have you tried asking HTC?
24th April 2014, 12:38 PM |#3  
kartik.kayz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp

My camera has pink thint in dark low lit areas and I have 1 stuck pixel near the left middle near the bezel. The stuck pixel color is white and I'm wondering if HTC will repair it or replace the screen? I already tried running unstuck pixel apps for like 2 hours now still nothing

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It is a manufacturing defect. Htc will replace both the camera module and the lcd.

Sent from my Nokia 3315.
24th April 2014, 06:27 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 371
 
More
My display is all scratched up so this means I get a new display free of scratches?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
24th April 2014, 06:31 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp

My display is all scratched up so this means I get a new display free of scratches?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Well, maybe, but the glass and the lcd aren't the same...
24th April 2014, 07:15 PM |#6  
kartik.kayz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp

My display is all scratched up so this means I get a new display free of scratches?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Lcd is defective so they will change it. Scratches are not counted as a damage. Yes you will be getting a fresh new lcd and the upper glass.

Sent from my Nokia 3315.
25th April 2014, 04:11 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 371
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartik.kayz

Lcd is defective so they will change it. Scratches are not counted as a damage. Yes you will be getting a fresh new lcd and the upper glass.

Sent from my Nokia 3315.

HTC offered me a refurbished unit and I took it they promised me no nicks on it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
25th April 2014, 04:21 AM |#8  
kartik.kayz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdapimp

HTC offered me a refurbished unit and I took it they promised me no nicks on it

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes they always offer a refurbished unit as a replacement.

Sent from my Nokia 3315.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes