Any way to sideload .wgt files to Gear 2 (Neo)?

Search This thread

motog35

Oct 17, 2010
Now you can make your gear2 look like a gear 1 ;)

(I have lightent up the surrounding lines a bit, they looked too dark on my watch)

Thanks! That is awesome!

I haven't tried installing it on my watch, but from the picture it looks somewhat different than the one here below. Are they exactly identical?

bgr-samsung-galaxy-gear-31.jpg

monitato

Oct 7, 2013
Thanks for this post and sorry for my poor English but I write you because I am learning with you.
Do you know how I can convert this *.wgt in a apk? I like to install my *.wgt in other gear 2 without my computer.
Today I can't upload my rolex gear clock but if you like I can upload it tomorrow.

Enviat des del meu GT-I9505 usant Tapatalk

jaytee84

Dec 10, 2010
SGV
Got sdb to load but my gear 2 isn't showing up on "attached device". Followed your step so am I missing something? My computer see the gear 2.

What driver should I use for this step?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

BigDanInTX

May 19, 2009
League City, TX
I managed to tweak that project you posted. It doesn't quite like what I'm doing to it. I needed to install the primo wgt file first, then the one I generated. Then, I can select the preview on the primo one (the batman logo) and mine pops up. Looks glorious, but it won't let me swipe to another screen or hit the home button. It appears to crash and restore the base clock afterwards.

Is it something to do with the name inside the project somewhere? Thanks.

henklbr

Feb 20, 2009
Netherlands
www.sammobile.com
here you go, dark rolex....

You can buy an app from me as reward (only if you want).
search in the google play store for klwinkel.com and pick one from that developer.
it might even be usefull for you if you're lucky ;)

updated wgt file, due to error in am/pm time formatting:

Gerrit,

could you make of this Dark Rolex-theme a version ANALOGUE-only, but with battery/Bluetooth indicator?

And a version with the digital clock, but then in 24hr format?

klwinkel

Nov 25, 2010
I managed to tweak that project you posted. It doesn't quite like what I'm doing to it. I needed to install the primo wgt file first, then the one I generated. Then, I can select the preview on the primo one (the batman logo) and mine pops up. Looks glorious, but it won't let me swipe to another screen or hit the home button. It appears to crash and restore the base clock afterwards.

Is it something to do with the name inside the project somewhere? Thanks.

I guess there must be some mistake in the project then now.check foor error messages in the ide console, or run sdb logcat while you run it from the ide

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Got sdb to load but my gear 2 isn't showing up on "attached device". Followed your step so am I missing something? My computer see the gear 2.

What driver should I use for this step?

So "sdb devices" shows no device?

have you enabled usb-debugging on the watch itself?

I remember I had it too first, but can't remember what I did to fix it, probably installed samsung usb drivers again.

thesparky007

Oct 15, 2008
I guess there must be some mistake in the project then now.check foor error messages in the ide console, or run sdb logcat while you run it from the ide

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

I remember I had it too first, but can't remember what I did to fix it, probably installed samsung usb drivers again.

Windows showed an update for the drivers in Windows update and I installed it

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

jaytee84

Dec 10, 2010
SGV

Yepp...it was the driver. My other laptop worked like a charm so I guess i need to delete n reinstalled Samsung usb driver. Thanks!

klwinkel

Nov 25, 2010
Thanks for this post and sorry for my poor English but I write you because I am learning with you.
Do you know how I can convert this *.wgt in a apk? I like to install my *.wgt in other gear 2 without my computer.
Today I can't upload my rolex gear clock but if you like I can upload it tomorrow.

Enviat des del meu GT-I9505 usant Tapatalk

a wgt can not be converted to apk.

apk files will not work on a Gear2, Gear2 is Tizen OS, not Android.

klwinkel

Nov 25, 2010
Gerrit,

could you make of this Dark Rolex-theme a version ANALOGUE-only, but with battery/Bluetooth indicator?

And a version with the digital clock, but then in 24hr format?

I haven't explored the battery and bt indicator yet.

But I have attached a version that can toggle between

1. am/pm time
2. 24h time
3. no time

by touching the center of the screen. (only a 40x40 rectangle in the middle of the screen.

)

Attachments

• darkRolexUpdate.zip
    78.5 KB · Views: 460

atrain311

Jan 21, 2014
plus.google.com
I Apologize...

I'm sorry guys, I'm so not at your level of intelligence on this topic, but reading through I'd love to put these things your posting on my watch. Can you treat me like I know nothing and explain to me how I can do that...If it is complicated, I take no offense if you say this is beyond me.

I'd love it to be as simple as I hook my watch up to the computer I'm on and just send your file to my watch, but I don't think it is that easy, huh?

klwinkel

Nov 25, 2010
I'm sorry guys, I'm so not at your level of intelligence on this topic, but reading through I'd love to put these things your posting on my watch. Can you treat me like I know nothing and explain to me how I can do that...If it is complicated, I take no offense if you say this is beyond me.

I'd love it to be as simple as I hook my watch up to the computer I'm on and just send your file to my watch, but I don't think it is that easy, huh?

Ok, I'll give it one try (otherwise it will cost me too much time...):

1. download the attache sdb.zip file
2. unzip it into a directory on your pc(result file = sdb.exe)
3. also download one of watch zip files in this thread.
4. unzip them into the same directory as the sdb.exe (result file = *.wgt)
5. enable usb-debugging on your gear2
6.connect your gear2 with usb cable to the pc
7. open a cmd box (dos command window)
8. go to the directory you just created (cd )
9. type command:

sdb install <name of wgt file>

and press <enter> ofcourse ;)

now the wgt file is installed and you can select it on the watch.

warning: the sdb.zip contains a .exe file.
Normally do not download .exe files directly from unknown sources, they can be infected with trojans and virusses.

Never Ever!!!!!!

But in this case it is safe ;)

otherwise you would have to install the whole Tizen sdk, only for this one exe file.

good luck!

Attachments

• sdb.zip
    211.8 KB · Views: 517

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you can enable usb debugging in the gear and sideloading as well.
    i am not sure what tools there are in the sdk but you should be able to sideload somehow

Correct.

the tizen wearable sdk contains the sdb tool (same as the android adb)

Use it as follows to install your wgt:

- open a cmd box
    - go to the directory where the sdb.exe tool is located
    - make sure the wgt file is in this directory too
    - type command:

sdb install xxxxxx.wgt

I attached a rolex like watch, by slightly modding the sdk clock sample.

install it the same way (first unzip it), and select it on your watch as the current clock (probably last one from the list, most right).

updated wgt file, due to error in am/pm time formatting:
    I swear I'm waiting for someone to make a YouTube video walking thru a basic watch face. I'm a visual learner and I'm willing to donate to whoever makes one..... Yes. That was a bribe. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Here is a step by step since so many people asked. ;)

How to Make a Custom Watch Face

Be sure to hit the Thank You button.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

I have managed to import the sample projects and build AnalogWatch.
    I even made slight additions to it.
    But I couldn't figure out how to add a background image.

I assume I should add something like this , to the style.css:
    Code:
        top: 5px;
        left: 5px;
        background-image: url('../images/photo.png');
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
        background-position: center center;
        background-size: 100%;

but under which section should I add this ?

Thanks.

Check the quick tutorial I posted in the Help/FAQ section.
    is there any way possible that you could post a "how to" guide on how you did this? i just pushed your .wgt to my gear and immediately went to google searching for darker rolex watch faces to make my own...only to start the sdk and freeze in my tracks. HELP US PLEASEEEEEE!!!!

Attached an improved version of the rolex (with nicer hands, a date, and also digital time)

Installing the tizen wearable sdk:
    =========================

instruction and dowloads here:

http://developer.samsung.com/samsung-gear

- download the install manager exe file and sdk zip file for tizen wearable
    - start the install manager
    - at advanced, select the dowloaded sdk zip file and install it (remember the location were you install it)
    - in the installation dir, you will find the ide.exe in the tools/ide directory
    - the sdb.exe tool is in the tools dir
    - start the ide.exe
    - create a new workspace
    - create a new wearable web app (file-->new-->Tizen wearable Web Project)
    - select Sample
    - select Web App
    - choose the example you want to use (I used the ClockWidget for the Rolex)
    - connect your Gear2 with the usb cable
    - run the project (click the small green circle with white triangle at the top bar).
    - clock should now be installed on your gear 2.

sometimes the install of the widget fails/hangs, just try again, or uninstall it first:

in a cmd box:

sdb uninstall <package>

find the package name in the console log while installing or in the config.xml (source tab) of your project.
    I have managed to wrap it up this evening, after much tweaking. Please let me know your feedback.

Please also keep in mind that this is my first one ever, so any helpful hints/tips/tricks you can pass along are always welcome!

Thank you!! =-D

EDIT: I apologize for the bad picture. Took a few and that was the best one (lol). How do you capture through the command prompt? Thanks.
    here you go, batman watch (zipped) and complete project (also zipped)

just analog/digital clock + date, no bt indicator, no battery indicator