Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,631 Members 45,387 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

App Storage?

Tip us?

Tones2
Old
(Last edited by Tones2; 24th April 2014 at 07:53 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default App Storage?

I have a TS with 8 GB internal memory and have installed a 32 GB micro-sd card. If I look at my "storage" setting, it indicates that I hav 1.27GB TOTAL "Internal" storage, 4.91 GB "Phone" storage and 29.3 GB "SD" card storage. My "internal" storage is almost completely filled with apps, whereas my "phone" storage and "SD" card storage are almost empty.

It looks like all apps are being loaded to "internal" storage. Not sure the difference between that and "Phone" storage. My watch will no longer let me download apps because the "internal" storage is full. Is it possible to direct the storage to the"Phone" storage? I can;t find a setting for that anywhere.

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,276

DONATE TO ME
Internal- where the apps go
Phone- where music, pics and such go
SDCard- where music, pics and such go

I had suggest a long time ago that internal be made larger or that internal and phone be made converted into internal only and require an SDCard. Almost nobody wanted this.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server

Tones2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
Internal- where the apps go
Phone- where music, pics and such go
SDCard- where music, pics and such go

I had suggest a long time ago that internal be made larger or that internal and phone be made converted into internal only and require an SDCard. Almost nobody wanted this.
Well that sucks......Time to delete some apps I guess..

trent999
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Have you tried an app like "apk2sd" to move as much from internal to SD card ? I am sorry I cannot remember the name exactly, I have not used such since I retired my Droid3.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,276

DONATE TO ME
Problem with apps2SD is that if he factory resets the watch, the apps and data are still on the SD card but the watch won't know that. It's like you deleting a shortcut but not uninstalling the app.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server